Horsemint

Hippie Cow and Orange Blossom Cuffs

I had a custom order for a cuff bracelet a few weeks ago that demanded cows, chickens, and their brand. Thus it was done:

LY2FwZQ.jpg

Fo9Nf3l.jpg

She was thrilled, but I wasn't really happy with how the daisy centers went, so I drew up another flower design to make myself feel better:

tU5vLRE.jpg

uVT7ps5.jpg

pXchSBg.jpg

I like the overall effect. When and if I use this design again I might add a bit more texture to the leaves, but I didn't want to overwork it since orange blossoms are kind of a smooth and simple affair. I think it might look good on a belt where you can see the whole sweep of the branches... Not sure if I'm ready to tackle it yet though! Still trying to make friends with my bar grounders too. Might could use a heavier mallet. Putting your back into it with every strike takes it out of you after a while! 

Critiques are welcome...

Very nice! You just know I had to click on a thread titled "Hippie Cow and orange blossom cuff". 

I discovered that a heavier mallet can be just that, HEAVIER. But then I saw a video of someone with my "too heavy" mallet, but holding it up close to the head. I tried it that way, and it works great! You get the heavy head, but without the wrist/arm/shoulder pain I was getting after a longer work session. Then, if you REALLY need to whack something, you can hold it further down the handle. 

Jeff

19 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Very nice! You just know I had to click on a thread titled "Hippie Cow and orange blossom cuff". 

I discovered that a heavier mallet can be just that, HEAVIER. But then I saw a video of someone with my "too heavy" mallet, but holding it up close to the head. I tried it that way, and it works great! You get the heavy head, but without the wrist/arm/shoulder pain I was getting after a longer work session. Then, if you REALLY need to whack something, you can hold it further down the handle. 

Jeff

That's a good tip! Makes sense, it's more natural for me to hold it close to the head, but with my feathery yellow poly mallet that's not to much effect!