Hello all! First and foremost I have to reach out and say thank you for being a great resource for this community! What more can you ask for in finding answers to any and all questions! I have to ask if anyone has dealt with issues using a Techsew TS-3850? I purchased one at the end of the summer to add to my ever growing fleet of machines... (Juki TNU-243U, Atlas AT-318, Seiko-8BLD, & Consew 205RB) At the shop we needed a good cylinder arm machine and spent some time researching what we wanted (and what fit the budget). I landed on the Techsew because of the price, reviews, and the fact that they were just north of us in Canada. We have pretty much only purchased new machines so the fact that they were in Canada was important if there was any issues in receiving this. Below has been my experience: 

When the machine was delivered I had to unload it from the semi with out warning, no pallet jacks, and the driver was clueless. I later learned we did not purchase the "white glove" delivery. Seemed to me that it was a little odd.

Excitedly we brought the machine into the shop and started to assemble it to use only to find out that this was sent to us untimed. I emailed and called Techsew for a few weeks (had to send their tech a video of me threading it properly) all to no avail. On top of the money that was spent on a brand spanking new machine I brought a few technicians into the shop to check it out. They both said that the issue was that every time the machine would run a stitch it would throw it off time and that I needed to replace this. I contacted Techsew without really any answers. 

Finally, when I asked to just return the machine and forget all the mess they said I am only able to exchange it...........with a 20% restocking fee...............on a machine they sent to me in nonworking order. 

Anyone have similar experiences. I don't really need help in fixing it, been there done that, just want to see if anyone has had this issue with them. 

Also, anyone want to buy a Techsew-TS380.... 

Sounds like you need a better tech to stop by. I think an experienced tech would know what the issue is on a simple machine like that. "stitch throwing off the time" is a real non-answer to whatever the problem is.

Edited by radrider

I have a strong feeling it's not the machines or the vendors that are the problem here. Between the Techsew and the Atlas you managed to turn two brand new machines into door stops. Put down the screw driver and step away from the machines. Let somebody else find the screws you loosened and forgot to tighten again.

Edited by Uwe

Both those companys have good reputations. 

Sounds weird. Techsew has the best customer service. Machines I received were in perfect order. 

23 hours ago, Christianlikeswhiskey said:

Hello all! First and foremost I have to reach out and say thank you for being a great resource for this community! What more can you ask for in finding answers to any and all questions! I have to ask if anyone has dealt with issues using a Techsew TS-3850? I purchased one at the end of the summer to add to my ever growing fleet of machines... (Juki TNU-243U, Atlas AT-318, Seiko-8BLD, & Consew 205RB) At the shop we needed a good cylinder arm machine and spent some time researching what we wanted (and what fit the budget). I landed on the Techsew because of the price, reviews, and the fact that they were just north of us in Canada. We have pretty much only purchased new machines so the fact that they were in Canada was important if there was any issues in receiving this. Below has been my experience: 

When the machine was delivered I had to unload it from the semi with out warning, no pallet jacks, and the driver was clueless. I later learned we did not purchase the "white glove" delivery. Seemed to me that it was a little odd.

Excitedly we brought the machine into the shop and started to assemble it to use only to find out that this was sent to us untimed. I emailed and called Techsew for a few weeks (had to send their tech a video of me threading it properly) all to no avail. On top of the money that was spent on a brand spanking new machine I brought a few technicians into the shop to check it out. They both said that the issue was that every time the machine would run a stitch it would throw it off time and that I needed to replace this. I contacted Techsew without really any answers. 

Finally, when I asked to just return the machine and forget all the mess they said I am only able to exchange it...........with a 20% restocking fee...............on a machine they sent to me in nonworking order. 

Anyone have similar experiences. I don't really need help in fixing it, been there done that, just want to see if anyone has had this issue with them. 

Hi Christian, I reviewed all the communications between you and our technicians and we offered to repair the machine for you and ship it back free of charge 4 months ago. The offer still stands.

We haven't experienced any ongoing issues or defects with this model and every single machine leaving our facility is tested and inspected meticulously before going out the door. It's hard to speak for the technicians who visited you but a machine wouldn't typically go out of time on it's own unless shaft screws were loosened, a needle hitting the hook, improper needle installation or a serious thread jam.

Nevertheless I apologize for the difficulties and we'd be happy to help get you back up and running. Feel free to contact me personally at any time.

best regards,
Ron

THAT is how you answer customer concerns. Well played sir.

On 2/14/2018 at 3:10 PM, Techsew Ron said:

Hi Christian, I reviewed all the communications between you and our technicians and we offered to repair the machine for you and ship it back free of charge 4 months ago. The offer still stands.

We haven't experienced any ongoing issues or defects with this model and every single machine leaving our facility is tested and inspected meticulously before going out the door. It's hard to speak for the technicians who visited you but a machine wouldn't typically go out of time on it's own unless shaft screws were loosened, a needle hitting the hook, improper needle installation or a serious thread jam.

Nevertheless I apologize for the difficulties and we'd be happy to help get you back up and running. Feel free to contact me personally at any time.

best regards,
Ron

Impressive. You guys just went up a notch or 2 in my book.

On 2/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, Christianlikeswhiskey said:

and Christian...maybe lay off the whiskey bud.

Christianlikeswhiskey  starts threads asking for help, but never responds to those attempting to help him.  Posts no information, photos, nor video as has been asked to allow anyone to attempt to help him.

See his previous posts at http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/77296-techsew-3850-trouble/?tab=comments#comment-511300

and http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/77462-sewing-machine-help/?tab=comments#comment-512616

@Christianlikeswhiskey I would suggest that instead of whining, that you take an active part in working with your vendor and the members here to help you resolve your sewing machine problems.

Tom

On 2/13/2018 at 0:39 PM, Christianlikeswhiskey said:

Actually yes, and when I have the budget I'll give Techsew a call.

:)

On 2/14/2018 at 4:12 PM, R8R said:

THAT is how you answer customer concerns. Well played sir.

15 minutes ago, R8R said:

Actually yes, and when I have the budget I'll give Techsew a call.

:)

4 hours ago, radrider said:

Impressive. You guys just went up a notch or 2 in my book.

@Techsew Ron you guys went up a couple notches in my book too, way to go Techsew!