AmericanPatrol

VINTAGE LEATHER PERFORATING MACHINES (brogueing machine)

Hello

First post here.  

I am looking for parts, pieces, manuals, etc for royal and peerless perforates I own.  Besides Campbell-Randal, does anyone in this forum have experience with these?  I will needing some advice, parts and dies made for them if none are available off the shelf.  Also I would like to get user and maint. manuals for them if available.

Thanks everyone!

USM perf machines.jpg

punch 5 (2).jpg

Hi, tonight I am going to pick up my leather perforator, a similar machine for same purpose, but from a different brand (Ideal). So far also I don't have experience with this one and looking for a manual...will let you know once I get some info!

IMG-20180810-WA0002.jpg

Edited by JoergFBernhard

The only thing I found on the web are these two .pdf of the original U.S.Patents from 1938, including a technical blueprint. Actually all of these machines are constructed in a similar way, regardless the brandname. Maybe it helps you in some way to reconstruct/ rebuild your machines. 

US2123875A.pdf

US2144620A.pdf

WOW...Such a beautiful machine!  Thanks for the PDFs.   If you dont mind I would lie to see more images of the punch and anvil set up sometime.   Have you found a place to make punch dies for you?  What is the max width your perforating pattern will allow..? Im guessing 3/4 inch?   Also, what your plans to use your machine for??

I hope you have good luck with it, Id like to think Im not the only nutty guy for these!

Peace

I didn't know these things existed.

Did you ever find parts for your machines?

I have a machine like one of yours (light gray one).  I took the table off and made some special parts to convert it to a different duty...

Managed to crack a piece inside by tightening it too much and a machine shop made a replacement for me.

The paint under the gray is black (mine was). Probably painted in a rebuild along the line...

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

I think I have one of the ones in your first picture there. Unfortunately it is night time here and the machine is down in a shipping container elsewhere on the property. I don't have any manuals but  found it pretty easy to work out and use after I got the long cardboard roll strip and mounted it under the table. The dies feed that cardboard along as it sort of stitches along a bit like a sewing machine. Your picture looks to be showing the back side of the machines and if they are like mine there is a brass dial knob on the front that allows you to set the distance spacing. I have here a couple of pictures of the type of punches it uses if that helps for the moment.. If you could post a picture of the other side of the machine could help.

DSC01781_resize.JPG

DSC01782_resize.JPG

Thanks Guys

Yes, i am still trying to get my machines running.  Im hoping to find someone to make custom dies.  If anyone has any old machines, information, parts or dies please contact me!

wpild like to see how your machines function!