Cumberland Highpower

Blanchard vs Osborne 155

I am going to purchase a Revolving Hand Punch for the occasional small job...

I'm contemplating to purchase a Vergez Blanchard Rotary hand punch...

I did have an Osborne 155 for about 20 years but it has gone AWOL. 

How does the Blanchard Revolving punch compare to to the Osborne 155 as far as fit/feel quality and use?  Anyone think I'd regret a change?

Only when it comes time to replace a tube or anvil. There are a bunch of CS Osborne distributor sources. Maybe what, two VB in the US and ordering the odd needed bit might not be a stock item with either. 

Thanks for your reply Bruce.

You know, the 155 I had for many years appeared to have non replaceable tubes in the wheel..They were pressed in.  A sort of "taper" base instead of threads.  I suspect it was an older 155 as I purchased it used.   Had a nickel plate finish that tended to tarnish a bit. Was clearly marked CS Osborne on the side of the lower jaw, so no doubt of the maker.

Edited by Cumberland Highpower
clarification

Not an Osb 155, that sounds exactly like the 223 revolving punch plier. Osborne used to have them made by Maun Tools in England with Osborne stamped on them. 155s have had threaded tubes for at least the thirty-ish years I've been selling them.

5 hours ago, Brewerkel said:

Not an Osb 155, that sounds exactly like the 223 revolving punch plier. Osborne used to have them made by Maun Tools in England with Osborne stamped on them. 155s have had threaded tubes for at least the thirty-ish years I've been selling them.

I had the Maun, and it sounds very much like that.

Agree thst the tubes from VB may prove hard to get at least singly

Best

H

On 2/15/2018 at 12:14 AM, Cumberland Highpower said:

Thanks for your reply Bruce.

You know, the 155 I had for many years appeared to have non replaceable tubes in the wheel..They were pressed in.  A sort of "taper" base instead of threads.  I suspect it was an older 155 as I purchased it used.   Had a nickel plate finish that tended to tarnish a bit. Was clearly marked CS Osborne on the side of the lower jaw, so no doubt of the maker.

good morning,

my name is Daniel from C.S. OSBORNE & CO. that is indeed a 155 revolving punch now that being said we do special government orders to meet there specifications. This is why the tubes are not threaded. Now if you are interested in purchasing from a local distributor please feel free to contact me at cso@osborne.com

our 155 punch has always had threaded tubes and lasts for a long period of time. Their is replacements on tubes, anvil, and spring. we also offer a $50 refurnished service to bring the punch to life.

thank you

Daniel

C.S. OSBORNE & CO

Sales

I picked up a couple punches at a local distributor, thanks for the reply to my post "CS OSBORNE."

The new 155 punches look identical to my old one, except they have threaded in tubes. 

Glad I had the manufacturer step in and back up my "claims"  about the non threaded tubes in the 155 punches....:)