the gafer

Custom awl

IMG_20180215_51742.jpg

My custom made awl from Kevin lee off of Facebook the thing is a work of art

2 hours ago, the gafer said:

IMG_20180215_51742.jpg

My custom made hawl from Kevin lee off of Facebook the thing is a work of art

I’ve bought 3 different sizes awls, 2 sets of stitching chisels (regular and inverse), a skiving knife, a small half moon knife, a curve cutting knife, a creaser and a 500g mallet from him over the past year and every tool is amazing quality.  I’ve looked around Instagram for good tools and his seemed to be one of the best quality and at reasonable prices.

11 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

I’ve bought 3 different sizes awls, 2 sets of stitching chisels (regular and inverse), a skiving knife, a small half moon knife, a curve cutting knife, a creaser and a 500g mallet from him over the past year and every tool is amazing quality.  I’ve looked around Instagram for good tools and his seemed to be one of the best quality and at reasonable prices.

Really top quality I will be ordering more from him soon

Does anyone know if he has a shop, not facebook or instagram?

Thanks

Harry

1 hour ago, hwinbermuda said:

Does anyone know if he has a shop, not facebook or instagram?

Thanks

Harry

Yeah,  He goes by Kevin901120 in DHgate.com  Looks like an Etsy shop in China?

His prices are a little cheaper if you contact him privately.

Just ordered a 1.8mm Diamond Awl from him works out at $38 + $8 postage to the UK

1 hour ago, stormcrow said:

Just ordered a 1.8mm Diamond Awl from him works out at $38 + $8 postage to the UK

I only had Tandy awls before buying his and even when I sharpened the Tandy awls they weren’t a patch on how sharp his awls were. I was (and still am) very happy when I used the new awls. His delivery charges stays the same even if you buy a bunch of tools. On the shop site they charge delivery on each item.

3 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

I only had Tandy awls before buying his and even when I sharpened the Tandy awls they weren’t a patch on how sharp his awls were. I was (and still am) very happy when I used the new awls. His delivery charges stays the same even if you buy a bunch of tools. On the shop site they charge delivery on each item.

Ah you shouldn't be telling me stuff like that I've a feeling I may be doing some more orders in the future :)

5 hours ago, stormcrow said:

Ah you shouldn't be telling me stuff like that I've a feeling I may be doing some more orders in the future :)

I know.. I only meant to buy the half moon knife but when I takes 3 weeks for delivery I thought I might a well buy this as well and then maybe this too... before I knew it I was re-financing the mortgage. :rofl: