CZoc

29-4 Arm decal - Discovery?

I have seen a lot of 29-4 machines. I have rebuilt two of them. The decals are pretty easy to identify on all the machines parts and sides, including the arm. When restoring the decals with water slide, its pretty easy to compare and confirm the accuracy of the decals, but the arm decal may have been different than I originally thought. My friend recently purchased a 29-4 that we both agreed the machine has unusually low miles. He ordered the decals and discovered that the arm decal did not match. 

Attached is an image. It is the result of a communication between the owner and a  known decal supplier. It reflects the decal companies graphic rendition of his 29-4 decal with the change in red. The gold represents what is currently offered for 29-4 decal restoration and matches ALL of the machines I have ever seen, until now. The company has indicated they will send him an adjusted decal by making an "extension" or "upgrade" to match his machine.

My thought is -The arm decal on his machine is what the original 29-4 decal must have looked like. It is LONGER than what is generally understood and that makes sense. The arm on these machines would have been subjected to the most abuse, especially towards the bobbin end. They were commercial machines, right? A 29-4 machine with an entire arm decal in tact for the purpose of decal restoration may be very hard to find? 

Thoughts?

Has anyone ever seen a decal on a 29-4 this long? To be clear, its is not a 29k model and has the short arm. The serial Number puts it around 1910-1915 I think. Since this exchange has taken place, we both have been looking for 29-4 machines with original decals this long and have only found one candidate. (its the pintrest link)

NOTE: The company has indicated that they will make available this newer version going forward as an optional decal for this machine. I'm not interested in naming the company because I don't want to imply I'm speaking on their behalf, but this is good information I wanted to share and get feedback. I'm not an expert on decals or even the 29-4, but I think this is new information.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/373446994077356864/

Decal Upgrade.png

Not much help, but here is my 29-4 made in 1916. Can't really tell how long the original decal was.

Decaled .jpg

Maybe this will help?

29-4 arm pic.jpg

That's it!!! Cowboy Bob your machine has the long decal too!!!!

I suppose this means that the available decals have been missing the last 3-4 inches. Thanks Bob...! 

A very special thanks to a very good friend CZoc  for settling my long decal issue. And I will be in touch with  CowboyBob for parts I'm sure to be needing for my 29-4 and my 29K-58 Cobblers I'm rebuilding. I'm a newbie to leather crafting and have lots to learn. As a collector of Singer Featherweight 221 Centennials and the Red S machines and Blackside attachments I also do single needle embroidery on my Singer XL550. So I believe with my background in the tool-room trade manual machinist making one off parts and repairs of items that can't be replaced + sewing in my retirement years I feel very confident. Now if I can just win the lottery so I can afford all the stamps and different tools needed I will be set.....LOL