Uwe

Singer 7-31 with reverse and 7-33 hand wheel

I have a very nicely refurbished Singer 7-31 for sale. This one has the retrofit reverse mechanism installed for pedal operated reverse. It also has a normal, yet monstrous, hand wheel installed which apparently turns it into a Singer 7-33 (the type plate still says 7-31, though) Everything works just like it should. 

The Serial Number is AF-529180, which indicates it was born in 1940. 

The head by itself is $1,600 if you pick it up in the Detroit Area. Do some Googling and you'll realize that this is a great price. The closest new machine with similar specs and features (e.g. Consew 733R) runs upwards of $6K.

The Sewpro SP1100 1,100 watt servo motor that you see in the photos and that was used in the demo video below is an optional $250. The motor is new and has only been used to test and demo this machine. 

Shipping is available if you are willing to arrange it. Send me a PM for details.

Here's a demo video I made sewing some heavy webbing material on this machine:

And here are some photos that show the overall condition of the machine:

IMG_9836.jpg

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9841.jpg

IMG_9843.jpg

IMG_9844.jpg

IMG_9845.jpg

IMG_9846.jpg

IMG_9847.jpg

Edited by Uwe

Here's the Singer 7-31 Parts Manual  (SINGER 7-31.pdf ) snippet that explains the difference between a Singer 7-31 and a Singer-7-33. It essentially is just a different hand wheel. The Singer 7-31 originally had a wheel with a built-in clutch mechanism that was designed for overhead drivelines in a factory. It's probably safe to say that most surviving Singer 7-31 outside of factories have been converted to 7-33's with a handwheel that accommodates under-the-table motors and normal V-belts.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 10.08.10 AM.png

Edited by Uwe

Great looking machine Uwe, and just to add to buyer confidence, each and every part for this Singer 7-31, -33 is readily available and serviceable.  

Question?  Great looking machine, but you always have great looking machines!  How are you getting the reverse function?  Is that a feature of the motor? 

2 hours ago, Yetibelle said:

How are you getting the reverse function?

Certain Singer 7 class machines can be upgraded/retrofitted with a set of parts that replace the original stitch length adjustment mechanism (feed eccentric). The new parts add the combination stitch-length/reverse lever on the back of the machine that you normally operate via a foot pedal chain. Limit screws on top and bottom of the lever travel allow you to adjust forward and backward stitch length independently to make them match up on whatever material you're sewing. I've not yet done the conversion myself, actually. It's a very desirable upgrade to that class of machines, I think.  

Edited by Uwe

Sold!