Sign in to follow this  
abn

one month Anniversary

I believe this month marks the one-year anniversary of Leatherworker.net. Congratulations to Johanna and her moderating crew for building a great online resource for leather craftspeople. Before I found this board, my knowledge was limited to what I figured out through trial and error, or what I read in decades-old Al Stohlman books.

It's great to have contact with leatherworkers across the United States (and even a few from Canada and overseas :) ), all dedicated producing such a variety of projects, like pool cue cases, saddles, motorcycle seats, wallets, and even whips! In addition to all the knowledge I've gained, it's great to get to meet and hang out with such nice folks.

So, thanks again, Johanna, for all your hard work over the past year! :clapping: And happy anniversary, Leatherworker.net!

Best regards, -Alex

p.s. Please remember that nothing's really free on the Internet. Running a site like this means paying hosting fees and software costs. If you want to contribute a donation to help keep this site running, Johanna has set up a simple page here. Thanks!

Alex, thank you for the support and encouragement! None of this would be possible without the help and participation of so many friends and new folks, and I'm glad you all like it here well enough to keep returning. I'm grateful to those of you who keep the spirit of fellowship, and generously contribute your time and knowledge to answer questions from leatherworkers who aren't quite as experienced. Some of you have graciously given permission for me to share your teaching materials with the world- WOW! I don't think there is another place like this on the Internet. I am humbled by the kind words from the members.

:birthday: leatherworker.net!!

and :cheers: to all of you who make this possible! Special thanks to the staff here: ClayB, Bruce, Kate, Holly, Art & the Monkey. There is no substitute for their good sense and assistance, which they freely give, every day.

Johanna

:flowers: