MarkCdub

Wallet credit card slot question

I made a minimalist wallet and I am not happy with the CC slots.  I really like the way the CC's sit in this style of card slot.  I want to add this feature to my next wallet, how is it sewn to keep the cards from falling down to the bottom?

Screenshot_2018-02-17-03-39-52-1-1.png

Here ya go. This guy sews them, but I have seen people say they just glue them with no problems.

I used the glue tape on mine, seems to be fine so far. There isn't really any force against the bottom of the sleeve, unless you jam them in everytime. None of the force would have the effect of pulling away from the tape, just in shear.

Jeff

Here is one thread you might like to peruse. 

Also you may do a google search "site:leatherworker.net wallet card slot" without the quotes for many more threads.  The site qualifier restricts the search to this site.

Tom

Maker’s Leather Supply sells black Tyvek rolls specifically made for the interiors of this type of construction. 

http://makersleathersupply.com/category/SUPP.html

They also did a video showing its use. 

1 hour ago, Webicons said:

Maker’s Leather Supply sells black Tyvek rolls specifically made for the interiors of this type of construction. 

http://makersleathersupply.com/category/SUPP.html

They also did a video showing its use. 

I was just gonna post this lol. He also has video on YouTube on how to do them. He also sells templates.

Thank you all so much.  I know the same questions are asked repeatedly, and I appreciate y'alls patience and willingness to help without being condescending ie. "Use the search function!".