Hildebrand

Avenger holster pattern for Springfield XDM

Just wondering if any of the other patterns out there can be used for this model.  Given the thickness of the slide I was curious if a Glock pattern would work. I tried to make my own from JLS’s instructions but ended up with the stitch lines to close and the gun won’t fit. Also I got the start of the belt slot to far back.

Thanks for any pointers. 

Todd

Do you have any pictures of the one you made?

And, concerning the Glock pattern, you would have to take some measurements, but I know that my XD is almost identical to my buddy's Glock.

Edited by Jake907

No pictures. It was a train wreck.  I made a bunch of western style holsters a few years ago. I got a Tippmann Boss for harness repair and decided to get back into holster making and try something different and make an Avenger style, the learning curve is definitely longer than the western style. I tried one of JLS Leathers patterns for a magazine pouch and it came out perfectly. 

Adams leather works. I thinks that's the right name. Has one I believe. It's a download pattern. I will see if I can find the link.

Adams LeatherWorks | Makers of quality leather holsters, tutorials and other cool stuff!
https://www.adamsleatherworks.com/

Edited by Mattsbagger

Thank you Mattsbagger.

This holster is for an XDm .45 acp.  As I recall the holster pocket is significantly larger than a comparable Glock holster.  I don’t typically make holsters for the XDm so this is the only one I’ve done.  You’ll likely have to modify any Glock pattern significantly. 

79B2BDF3-9EEC-4860-AEBB-B66121DDFB19.jpeg

On 2/17/2018 at 9:44 PM, Hildebrand said:

Just wondering if any of the other patterns out there can be used for this model.  Given the thickness of the slide I was curious if a Glock pattern would work. I tried to make my own from JLS’s instructions but ended up with the stitch lines to close and the gun won’t fit. Also I got the start of the belt slot to far back.

Thanks for any pointers. 

Todd

I hate it when that happens. One of my nicest holsters is too tight for the gun I made it for, an SR9c with a laser. I  use it as a demo but would have preferred to sell it.

I was looking at it again last night and I remembered I had put 2 stitch lines around it so I am going to cut the first row out and see if that loosens it up enough. If it does then I know where to move it to on the pattern I made.