3248tm

Lace work

What kind of lace is used on the holster and lace or stitch name if it has one.  Thanks 

Screenshot_20180221-085543.png

Edited by 3248tm
Add more info

It looks like they did a basic whip stitch up the holster edge, then went over the top of it with the same stitch going back down the edge. Not sure on the other lace.

Edited by TSes

The one on the front is a blood knot. Lots of YouTube videos show you how, try Don Gonzales he shows it. You can download the book "how to Lace" from Tandy, great reference material.

Edited by Bigfoote

This is the holster I'm trying to finish and I'm thinking the lace stich would work good. It would help hide a few issues and should take less time. Any other ideas would be a big help. Thanks for the help.

Screenshot_20180221-125859.png

It would look good laced. Like I said watch a few videos on lacing, it's not hard but getting a few pointers first will help make it easier.

Starting the mexican edge/round braidI think that top is a mexican edge braid (i'll post a link to the video i used to learn if i can find), i've done quite a few of these, be ready to spend some time, watch the same videos over and over and curse alot....lol, but the end result is awesome.

20170120_213114.jpg

20170120_213119.jpg

Edited by koreric75

4 minutes ago, koreric75 said:

Starting the mexican edge/round braidI think that top is a mexican edge braid (i'll post a link to the video i used to learn if i can find), i've done quite a few of these, be ready to spend some time, watch the same videos over and over and curse alot....lol, but the end result is awesome.

20170120_213114.jpg

20170120_213119.jpg

I take it back, now that i was able to view on my computer larger size, that looks like a flat braid, maybe 4 strand snake belly?snake belly flat braid...

The outer edge of the holster has been laced with a double whip stitch, as has been previously pointed out.  The decorative "tab" on the front is indeed a Blood Knot, and the "lanyard" is a simple flat braid.  All of these can be easily executed with some basic knowledge that can be found all over the internet.  The type of lace used for the outer edge and the lanyard appears to be a 1/8" Natural lace, maybe calf or could be Roo lace; Blood Knots are typically done with either latigo lace or created with lighter weight harness/latigo leathers for the larger designs (this one would fit that bill well).

On 7/1/2018 at 4:20 PM, NVLeatherWorx said:

The outer edge of the holster has been laced with a double whip stitch, as has been previously pointed out.  The decorative "tab" on the front is indeed a Blood Knot, and the "lanyard" is a simple flat braid.  All of these can be easily executed with some basic knowledge that can be found all over the internet.  The type of lace used for the outer edge and the lanyard appears to be a 1/8" Natural lace, maybe calf or could be Roo lace; Blood Knots are typically done with either latigo lace or created with lighter weight harness/latigo leathers for the larger designs (this one would fit that bill well).

Looks like natural calf to me too.  Here's how I do mexican round braid.  I think it looks better than other braids. One in Kangaroo, the other in Natural calf lace. 

20151022_125715.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

Wow