First time sewing on my new cobra4 leather sewing machine

well I am so impressed with my new cobra4 from those great guys at leathersewingmachine company. This machine has great possibilities, I am so excited to have it. Here is a first project,  a new wallet design for sale on markets, so it needs to be price aggressive and therefore sewing by machine. I am so impressed with the heavy stitch, it just looks so amazing, almost like a hand saddlers stitch. Here I am using a 200 S point needle with a 277 yarn on top and a 207 yarn in the bobbin. I have used rather thick scrap leather for the prototype, maybe a 1,8mm  chrome leather, was quite impressed that the pattern that I made last night worked quite well. The ends of the sewing I backed stitched using a traditional saddlers stitch to ensure that the stitching does not come loose, is quite time consuming but I think it is worth it for my customers..Any comments....? . For the flap inside I shall line with natural plain vegtan, and of course one can use other fastening methods....have ordered some tuck snaps in brass from Abbeyengland ....link here

http://abbeyengland.com/Store/CategoryID/420/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/77291

Here are some making of pictures....The pictures are too big will make them smaller and post later..OK

I cannot make the photos smaller on my iPad...need to see how I can do that to start....sorry

Looking forward to the photos, its Great to hear the big stitcher is what ya need!

sorry haven't a clue either, for that matter I will add iPhone.  Many use a photo hosting site as well then link to a photo.

later

Floyd

That's a big wallet. Looks nice.

Roughly 18cm x 11 cm and about 4cm depth, fits well in a back trouser pocket..type of biker style

That's really nice. I bet they will sell well! It looks like you have the machine set up well too.

Great looking job.

The edges along to top of the wallet look really well cut, nice and straight, but I am wondering if they might come up better if the were dyed and/or burnished?

Thanks Bikernutt, John and Brian..that was just the prototype , on the finished wallet have used edge coat from Fiebings with a hot iron burnish ( quicker than hand burnished - would take too long ) .The cut out openings are done with my 9cm beer coaster steel cut out, the finish here is more exact than hand cutting the corners...I have tried to line the top flap on the finished wallet, but it was rather a bubble effect ( leather used is 0,8cm vegtan plain undyed).. will post pictures when finished.

Edited by updn

That is looking good:rolleyes: