Clintonville Leather

Line 24 Snap Question

Well. I don't know for sure because I've never tried them, but I'll bet big bucks that they will work.  The Ligne 20 and Ligne 24 snaps are uniform from just about any source and the dies are produced to the same tolerances.  I have the Tandy press and dies which are now many years old (It's so old, it's blue instead of red) and I have run snaps through it from many different sources.

Paul

Should work.

Being C.S. Osborne, it should definitely work. It's the no-brand snaps that ya gotta watch out for. I've got one of them snap setting kits from SLC, and there are unmarked snaps i have that won't fit in either the 20 or 24 die.

Are CS Osborne snaps better than Tandy?  I've had a few issues with Tandy snaps where they have come off or they are almost impossible to snap closed.   

4 minutes ago, Anubis78 said:

Are CS Osborne snaps better than Tandy?  I've had a few issues with Tandy snaps where they have come off or they are almost impossible to snap closed.   

Same here...and their tools don't seem to fit the nasty snaps they sell. Heaven know what 4th rate source they have. I'd like to have back the money I put into their stuff that doesn't work, or fit, or last. Live and learn.

1 hour ago, sheathmaker said:

Well. I don't know for sure because I've never tried them, but I'll bet big bucks that they will work.  The Ligne 20 and Ligne 24 snaps are uniform from just about any source and the dies are produced to the same tolerances.  I have the Tandy press and dies which are now many years old (It's so old, it's blue instead of red) and I have run snaps through it from many different sources.

Paul

I will give it a shot the shank is slightly longer but it seems it would peen over just the same.

1 hour ago, alpha2 said:

Same here...and their tools don't seem to fit the nasty snaps they sell. Heaven know what 4th rate source they have. I'd like to have back the money I put into their stuff that doesn't work, or fit, or last. Live and learn.

Hahahaha!!! 

Can I interest anyone in an adjustable stitch groover and over stitch wheel combo?:rolleyes2:

good morning,

hope all is well, my name is Daniel from C.S. OSBORNE & CO. Currently Tandy does not purchase any of C.S. OSBORNE products but to further assist you on locating a local distributor please feel free to email me at: cso@csosborne.com 

thank you
Daniel
CS. OSBORNE & CO.
Sales 

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, bikermutt07 said:

Can I interest anyone in an adjustable stitch groover and over stitch wheel combo?:rolleyes2:

I have a cow I can swap with you, for your magic beans stitching groover and stitch wheel combo. :crazy:

HaHa! Shipping on a cow would be outrageous.

7 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

I have a cow I can swap with you, for your magic beans stitching groover and stitch wheel combo. :crazy:

14 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Shipping on a cow

I have never seen shipping on a cow ... I've seen mud, fleas, ticks, flies, even tiny little birds that eat the insects ... but never shipping! :P