Wallyworld

Can you Identify this machine?

I am a rookie so please bear with me.  I am starting to go through my dad's old business to sell his estate.  He purchased an old hardware store business 40 years ago.  The hardware store itself is maybe 100 years old.  In one of the storage sheds way in the back I came across what looks to be a type of sewing machine.  When I asked my mom, she recalls the realtor telling her it was used on horse collars and other horse "gear".  I won't be able to get better pictures until April as that is when we start cleaning out the 28x50ft shed.  I had to walk on top of boxes, old machinery, etc. just to get back to this.  There is other horse related gear in another storage shed so this is plausible.  The unit is on a stand with the Champion shoe markings.  Not shown in the picture is the unit is powered by what looks like a bicycle type peddles. 

My family is looking to sell this but would like to know as much history as possible before doing so.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Including what to look for/identify to somehow estimate a decent selling price and to who?  Let me know if you need additional pics.sew.jpg.222963da98b78fd4e24fcad7bc597abb.jpg5a9473e6613f0_sewstand.jpg.bece6f375b5a7175e1ef48ca1adee032.jpg

That is a champion stitcher.  it is a hook and awl machine.I have one similar to that but without that stand. That would be an original stand to it. I'm not sure how    old yours is. I think it is older than the one I have. These machines will only stitch leather. My machine will stitch about 7/8 of an inch. It can be hard to get parts for them but I think there are still lots of them being used.I have stitched saddle skirts , breast collars and a lot of other tack on them.They are a brute to move though.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎26 at 9:57 PM, Wallyworld said:

to who?  Let me know if you need additional pics.sew.jpg.222963da98b78fd4e24fcad7bc597abb.jpg5a9473e6613f0_sewstand.jpg.bece6f375b5a7175e1ef48ca1adee032.jpg

Wow. Where is this beast located?

It is located in Wisconsin. Not too far from Milwaukee. We found the metal seat for it today.   Any ideas on where to draw the most attention for serious buyers?

2 hours ago, Wallyworld said:

It is located in Wisconsin. Not too far from Milwaukee. We found the metal seat for it today.   Any ideas on where to draw the most attention for serious buyers?

Marketplace > items for sale > machinery - sewing and stitching

Tom