This is my second holster and third project. I pulled this right out of the Al stohlman holster book so I claim no design just the extra stitching. It's not quite finished I'm waiting on rivets for the band as I couldn't source them locally. I will try to get more pics up when this thing decides to let me. But I can say my edges turned out a lot better this time. I'm kinda limited by budget and tried dying the edges with the same dye I used for the skin, then with a little water and an old wooden furniture spindle chucked in my drill I burnished away. Turned out semi glossy and way more even than previously by hand. 

The next holster I make I will attemp making my own pattern. I'm happy with the high riding easy access of this one but I'd like something that covers the trigger a bit more. 

IMG_1136.JPG

Just realized I posted in the wrong department... feel free to leave comments and criticism. 

Nice, clean work and even stitching! Really good for your third project, and I hear you on innovating to cover supply line shortfalls :)

Thanks moto, I tried using the over stitch wheel to set the stitch length and wound up just eyeballing it. Came out pretty even. 

Nice work! What did you use for dye? I really like the color.

Thanks! Fiebings leather colors dark brown, two coats. It's the water based stuff. I have a difficult time getting product up here and have to order most everything...but I was at micheals with my wife and they had a small leather section with some dye. They had black too, I may go pick it up sometime. 

I've been trying to load more picks but this iPad seems to have a mind of its own and is picky about loading pictures lol.

Hi Wylee, your holster is nice . I dont know if you are familiar with  Hawks Leather, they are located in Anchorage and seem to have a good inventory .  They have an Ebay store that is pretty good.

That is an excellent effort. You are off to a stellar start. 

FYI, I use an iPad app called “Picture Resizer” to bring pics under the size limit (1.4 Mb from memory)....helps a lot for multiple photos

Jd62 I haven't heard of them, I will check them out for sure. Anchorage is hours away but I bet they would ship to me.

Bikermutt, thanks man, you have been a positive influence from the start and I appreciate it.

Motocouture, I will check that out. I'm a bit tech ignorant and forget about all these great apps. I'm on another forum and something like that would be helpful there too.