I am seriously thinking about buying a cb 801 edge skiver. I have never used one an don't know if it is really worth it. I would like feedback as to the importants of one  and if there are any good video's of what they  are  used for. I make a lot of things like purses, wallets, tote bags, random coin bags. How would this skiver improve the quality of my work ? Do any of you use these ? and how has it helped you ?  Any photo's of your personal work would really help me

Thank you

Dan

I have never used one. But, I reckon it would be invaluable for turned edges and bindings. 

Good luck, I'm sure someone with experience with them will chime in.

Do a google search with something like this "site:leatherworker.net power skiver", minus the quotes.  You will find lots about power skivers, setup, problems, use, etc.

22 hours ago, wlg1908 said:

I am seriously thinking about buying a cb 801 edge skiver. I have never used one an don't know if it is really worth it. I would like feedback as to the importants of one  and if there are any good video's of what they  are  used for. I make a lot of things like purses, wallets, tote bags, random coin bags. How would this skiver improve the quality of my work ? Do any of you use these ?