JeannieH

New to leatherworking.Hobo bag I finally finished

3 hours ago, rodneywt1180b said:

Great looking bag!  My wife is a Dooney & Bourke fan.  When I first saw the bag my first thought was "My wife would like that."  Now I know why.  I think you nailed it.  I love the bleed knot detail on the straps too.

Rodney

Thank you! I love their bags too. I like the contrast in trims vs leather for the body of the bag. I just need to figure out what to put in etween the strap to keep it from stretching and give it a thicker appearance. I used Bontex which keeps it from stretching..but it makes edge painting harder. People have suggested webbing..but I’m not sewing on either side of the strap..just the middle. 

Stunning work!

7 hours ago, Windrider30 said:

Stunning work!

Thank you. I’m still learning...so much I don’t know! This website has so much knowledge bundled together. I’m so appreciative of everyone who has answered my novice questions lol!

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 0:21 AM, JeannieH said:

Thank you. I’m still learning...so much I don’t know! This website has so much knowledge bundled together. I’m so appreciative of everyone who has answered my novice questions lol!

Yep I have asked and gotten a lot of help as well !!