I have the opportunity to purchase a Singer 153W101 at a decent price.  I found a copy of a manual for this series of machines, but have not been able to find out much information with searching about this machine.   Does anyone have knowledge or experience of this machine and what it is capable of doing?    I would be using it to do handbags, totes, backpacks, etc.  I would also like to use it for shaving kits made with 8-9 oz leather for the sides and bottom (skived) and chap leather.  

thank you brmax.  I was trying to search within leatherworker site itself specifically for the 153W101 and then wasn't directing google or bing specifically to leatherwork.net.

[edit] D'oh, of course that's just what brmax said earlier. Oh well, one more time:[/edit}

The Singer 153W101 has come up in several topics here on LW. The search engine on LW is not super helpful at times.

I always use a site specific Google search to find topics and posts on LW.

Try googling for "site:leatherworker.net 153W101

Edited by Uwe

thank you      I try to search before I ask questions.  I will now be searching via google or bing more specifically before posting questions that have already been answered.  I really appreciate all the time and effort people put in to answer questions.

Your welcome!  from all of us on the site here.  Everyone doing a bit of work and learning their machines, does benefit all of us.  I think most of us found these same search tips very handy, and on many other site searches. ( like a Wow moment ) 

I can say confidently if its about sew machines and industrial types. The great search results will be on leatherworker and many thanks to all.

Now to hear or see what the particular task your working on, well this is always interesting. 

Have a good day

Floyd