image.thumb.jpeg.266823f3552f560da815da6d88faf5c6.jpegMade a travelling razor from an old Gillette razor to see it was feasible, like how it turned out so tried to figure out a case. It came out pretty well, I like the sort of industrial look to it. Don't like the stitching on the flap, but was rushing when I worked on that part. Snaps went on well which had been an issue in the past, but need work on my mounded leather measuring, but I feel the irregularity makes for an interesting look. (Or have convinced myself of that as I like the case.).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice is that a homemade handle?  I used to use Gillette razors and stopped since they are so expensive and I shave my head so I use a lot of them.  I know buy my razors from Harrys razors they are half the price and work just as good if not better.  They deliver them right to my mailbox.

Yes took old razor and removed head, made handle, with some left over cherry, birds eye maple, bamboo plugs and resin.

I should get a Christmas card from Gillette. I have been using their shaving products and deodorant for 30 years now.

Case looks cool.

I use Gillettes but mine are 60 years old.

Thanks, yeh 40 + years for me, except for 5 year beard phase in early 80's. Had used a Lee valley kit to make a razor before and had some left over wood so thought what the heck I 'll try recycling an old razor.