Good Morning all, first time poster.Need help with re-timing the adler after I slipped the timing belt off the cog pulleys in order to isolate the upper shaft [needle] and lower gearing[bobbin] to unstick the old girl. It is untuck now so I need to put it back together. I am in deep! ANY HELP

The Durkopp Adler 467 Service Manual  ( 467_service_instructions.pdf ) may help you get started on the right path. Alas, that manual does not have a section on how to replace timing belt or how to synchronize top and bottom shafts. Often there are some markings that need to line up. I'll have to check my 467 to see if I can find some.

Edited by Uwe

So, I'm curious, does your feed dog move when you turn the hand wheel with the timing belt off? If yes, then it does not really matter exactly in what position you put the timing belt back on (because, technically, that belt would not be a timing belt, just a drive belt.) The hook will need to be timed no matter what. 

It appears that the DA 467 does not require top/bottom shaft synchronization at all, since feed dog movement can be adjusted individually (sections 3.2.3 and 3.2.4). The feed dog movement is driven by the same eccentric on the top shaft that also moves the rocker bar (needle and feeding foot). Hook-to-needle timing is of course also adjustable independently.

I've actually not yet adjusted hook and feed timing on a DA 467 myself, so can't really speak from direct experience on that particular machine.

One quick glance at the underside of my grimy project Durkopp Adler 467 tells me that this is not your typical vintage mechanism. 

IMG_9947.jpg

Darn, the top shaft does not engage the feed dogs, it does needles and compound presser foot up and down, the lower does bobbin and feed dogs also needle fee,.also where to find self oiler tubing?

Also on the top shaft is a disk with letter stamps F E D C B A - A B C D E on radius edge and seen from viewing glass on front of mach.Probably important?

Time to post some detailed pictures of your machine. I'm just guessing what you are looking at. Your machine may be very different from mine.

Oil lines material is probably available at any hobby store that sells model airplane stuff. 

Also, spend some quality time reading the topic below - it's a somewhat cautionary tale that goes into great detail about the DA 467 oiling system. 

Working on pics,  The pdf you referenced has a pic of the disc with the letter sequence on fig 28 and those can be seen thru the site glass oil viewing on face of my mach.  

Well its been a long week, having difficulty posting picks so here is what I have,I was able to find  instruction manual on( nick-o sewing mach llc) and it showed that disk( pic 6) was to adjust the"sewing foot stroke" from A@ 1.5mm to F@ 6mm by pushing button on top of machine locking the shaft and then turning the hand wheel to the new sewing foot stroke, releasing button and its set.I made contact with a local shop and was told to rotate bottom shaft until feed dogs were flush with needle plate rotate the top shaft bringing the needles down until they were flush to dogs,then gently slider belt back on and it should be timed. I slipped a feeler gage(.005) on top of feed dogs then lowered needles to just touching and slipped belt on, second time worked great and was picking bobbin thread in short order after sliding belt tensioner in and rotating until firm then tightening set screw. Pic (6) also shows the broken off oiler hose connection to site glass and am hoping once all else is working to gently drill out broken part and epoxy a brass 90 to reattach hose. Lets go to the bobbins as the left is working nice but the right will pick when I hand turn and not pick under power,it is also missing parts under the bobbin housing looking under mach. and would love to send the pick but I am close to inept @ computer crap. Not quite ready yo take the other side apart to see if I can fab. something, but close. Thankyou Uwe and gottaknow

Here are all the Durkopp Adler 467 manuals from Nick-O-Sew and my own archive, just to make them easily accessible in one spot and to add them to the LW archive.

Durkopp Adler 467 User Manual: Durkopp-Adler-467-Operation-Instructions.pdf 

Durkopp Adler 467 Parts List: Durkopp-Adler-467-Parts-List.pdf

Durkopp Adler 467 Installation Manual: Durkopp-Adler-467-Installation-Instructions.pdf

Durkopp Adler 467 Service Manual: Durkopp-Adler-467-Service-Instructions.pdf

Edited by Uwe