Please help ID this machine. Front flywheel like a Frobana ...but too much difference????

Swiss made.

does anyone have a manual?

The curved needle is really a hook to pull the bottom thread to the top where it engages the upper billhook and shuttle/bobbin holder.

Bottom thread is held in 2 "fingers" which present the bottom thread to the needle/hook.

how do I adjust the needle to catch the bottom thread ....now it just misses.

March 5th 2018 114.jpg

It may be a Frobana, just a different model from the more common design. At least this defunct Kijiji ad in Calgary showed a very similar machine and called it a Frobana.

Do you have any more pictures? How do you know it's Swiss made?

$_35.JPG

image.png

Edited by Uwe

Henry Veenhoven would be the person to ask about this. He lives in or near Toronto and sold Frobana and Junker shoe sole stitchers. He is still a member here, although he last visited us in May, 2017.

I would assume an early Rafflenbeul or maybe a modified MS55 / MS200 - but I´m not sure since pictures are very small . There seems to be a tag on the lower right side....

Edited by Constabulary

@constabulary MS as in Messerschmidt?

I kind of agree.. it resembles the technology in the Simplex Photos. who has any parts for these things? or do I make everything?

18 hours ago, Uwe said:

It may be a Frobana, just a different model from the more common design. At least this defunct Kijiji ad in Calgary showed a very similar machine and called it a Frobana.

Do you have any more pictures? How do you know it's Swiss made?

$_35.JPG

image.png

Same machine. that IS this machine. 

Sorry, no idea :dunno:

I actually have two of these tucked away. ( or ones that look similar..)  Have not used for a few years. I think i may have a manual tucked away in a drawer. Will see if i can find...... Off the top of my head, they take the same curved hook and awl as a landis......  Have thought a few times, i should list these rather than having put away. I picked up thinking would work for me,but didn't work as i had planned... 

The older one looks like the picture. The other one is a newer model.... Has a housing covering the bits....

On 3/6/2018 at 12:26 AM, Constabulary said:

leathersmyth

This machine is from Calgary...so there must have been a dealer there at one time.

has anyone on here any experience with this type of tension regulator ? I imagine that as you rotate the outside ring...the one with the long slots...that the amount of grab on the thread can be adjusted.

small 2.jpg