Need help finding a trifold wallet pattern.  I've used the search function on here and I'm not having much luck.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

What style?  I have one that is cut from a single piece of leather with the pen holder in the side.  I may have another somewhere if I can find it...

4 hours ago, koreric75 said:

What style?  I have one that is cut from a single piece of leather with the pen holder in the side.  I may have another somewhere if I can find it...

https://highonglue.com/tutorial/making-a-tri-fold-wallet-from-one-piece-of-leather/

Here is the template to the one piece trifold, the othe is in a design program that doesn't export...

Thank you guys.

koreric75  I have seen this.  I'm looking for more a traditional trifold.  

Tugadude  I actually have this laid out.  I just don't know if I like the pockets.  Also I'm concerned with the fit of the outter piece and the inside piece.  they are both the same length.  I am using old footballs.  and the leather is fairly thick.  so when you fold it its going to wrinkle and bulge.  

Outer piece needs to be approximately 1/2" longer than the inner piece.  At least for bifolds.  I have repurposed baseball glove leather.  I made a card wallet for my son-in-law and a bracelet for myself.  Interested in what you come up with.

Borrowed from The Speakeasy Leather Company for reference only.  The leather appears to have been skived down to a thickness more suitable for this design.

image.jpeg

Edited by Tugadude

Thanks Tugadude

I'm a hs football coach.  I have only done projects with footballs.  All I know.  I just recently branched out into baseball gloves.  

Gonna give it a try with the half inch a try.  Any tips on how to line it up.  Bifold is easy, because you can stitch onside and then the other.  With a trifold and having the middle, not quite sure how to align it.

I'm looking for one as well. I might have to design it myself, but I'd like to find a base to start from. I'm looking to make one for my father-in-law, but the middle panel needs to be big enough to put an insert to hold his deputy badge (retired).

Nigel Armitage has a pack of wallets for sale on his website. I think they were 9 bucks USD or 10 pounds. I've used it for the trifold so far and not only does he have dimensions but he has directions and tons of encouragement on how to mod the designs to make them your own. I added a outer piece to hold cash ;)

His written template packet is as good as his videos. Between the instructions for the template and the instructions, it's a slam dunk. Super easy and really good designs, I can't suggest strong enough.

For your convenience:

http://www.armitageleather.com/product-page/simple-fold-wallet-design-pack

On 3/8/2018 at 11:00 AM, onelooneyzeta said:

Need help finding a trifold wallet pattern.  I've used the search function on here and I'm not having much luck.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do a google search using this search string "site:leatherworker.net trifold pattern" without the quotation marks.  The "site" operator limits the search to the specified site.

Tom