TripleC

Looking for Latigo and 2 Prong Rim Settings

Hi all!

Been a lurker here for a while, have absorbed a lot of information so far. I tried a search and am either not wording it properly or just didn't see where this has been answered, so I thought I'd start a thread and see if you folks can point me in the right direction.

I am on the hunt for some quality 8-10oz black latigo that is struck through. I've ordered a couple different latigos and had to return them because they are not struck through. I just don't like the look of leather that has a grey center, and I don't have the time or patience to use edge kote/paint on everything I make.

I have a few straps left of a couple sides of black latigo that I bought off some friends that is perfect. Unfortunately they don't remember where they got it. I know it exists I am just unsure where to find it, and after spending so much shipping back hides I decided to come on here and ask for recommendations. Not looking for a budget leather, am not shy about spending good money for good quality. 

Second question! I am looking for 20ss, 30ss, and 40ss sizes in the heavy duty 2 prong rim settings, both "silver" and "gold" tone. I need several gross of each color in each size and a steady supply. Regular rim settings, even extra long leg, don't give the security I need to set the Swarovski crystals I use in heavier latigo. I've been skiving down the leather just enough so that the legs are able to bend in but I would much prefer the heavy duty 2 prong rim sets. I can't seem to find the sizes I need. 

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you

I recently purchased some black latigo from the Hide House (in Napa, CA) that might fit your description, as it is black on the inside. You can find it and more on pages 29 and 30 of their catalog, or you can find it on their website at https://hidehouse.com/products/. Just type "latigo" into the search window.

Hide House Catalog 2018.pdf

Hi there! 

Thank you, I currently have a couple hides from them, latigo and lambskin. I have a lovely side of their Napa HS latigo in yellow, and I like their California Latigo in red. I purchased several sides from them on recommendation.

I returned their Napa HS in black as it is not struck through. In speaking with them about what I am looking for, I was told their California Latigo in black was struck through. However, the sample of it I received is not. I am not a fan of their Soleta latigo, don't like the look or feel of it, it seems to be struck through but has a cheap almost plastic feel to me.

I'm waiting to hear back about the California Latigo, perhaps the sample I received was mislabeled.

Thanks for your reply! :)

CLBK45 is what I have, and it is black all the way through, but I can't attest to their heavier weight latigo. Best of luck finding what you need. 

That is their California Latigo which I was looking to get after their recommendation. I am hoping the sample I got is either an anomaly or was mislabeled. Thank you again for your response, gives me hope that the 8-10 oz might be what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any recommendation of where I can find the 2 prong rim settings? These are what I am looking for, in 20ss, 30ss, and 40ss... Silver-rims-2-prongs-RL.jpg

Hi triple c

try www.dreamtimecreations.com or www.rhinestonebiz.com ...

i stumbled across these the other day while searching for the same thing.

I am yet to place a order with either one postage to Australia is killer!!

hope this has helped :)

We produce the rim sets for crystals, stones, etc.  ( all sorts of sizes as well ) !   Check out www.sxindustries.com   or email direct ~  tim@sxindustries.com

:yeah: