ebdavison

Falconry Glove Pattern

My daughter has recently gotten into Falconry (volunteers every year at the local renaissance faire with Last Chance Forever Birds of Prey Conservancy) and I would like to make her a falconry glove of her very own.  I have not seen any patterns on this site so wanted to ask if any kind soul out there has a pattern for this sort of glove they would not mind sharing.  Also, along with this comes the question about what kind and thickness of leather to use to make the glove.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ebdavison

Try this!

Google:   "Falconry Glove Pattern"

Ferg

On 16/3/2018 at 11:54 PM, ebdavison said:

My daughter has recently gotten into Falconry (volunteers every year at the local renaissance faire with Last Chance Forever Birds of Prey Conservancy) and I would like to make her a falconry glove of her very own.  I have not seen any patterns on this site so wanted to ask if any kind soul out there has a pattern for this sort of glove they would not mind sharing.  Also, along with this comes the question about what kind and thickness of leather to use to make the glove.

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Hi have this in my documents but never try.

About The thickness depending for what bird you have, is an American Eagle or Pigargo need more thick, 2,5 mm, for Falcón and Ghosthawks 1,3 is enough

Hope help you.

guante.jpg

Edited by D2G

Thank you very much for the pattern and thickness info.  I will definitely give it a go.

I see a falcon hood in your avatar photo.  Do you have a pattern or instructions on how to make one?

Ed