So I dove in head first and purchased my first sewing machine, a Cowboy 4500 with all the bells and whistles.  Brought it home, set it up and was able to sew up a couple of projects I had on the bench without issue.  That is until I needed to sew a single action gun holster I had recently finished.  The previous projects, knife sheaths, and a couple of custom sunglass cases, were around 1/2" or less thick and ran under my presser/walking feet without issue when the arm was raised up.  Well, the gun holster is significantly thicker and will not fit under the feet when the arm is raised up and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it done.  I you-tubed it last night 'til 3am this morning trying to find a video about it and nothing.  I now can adjust tension, modify timing, mess with the bobbin, oil the thing, etc., etc.  I just want the feet to raise higher when I lift the arm up so I can get the thicker projects I do underneath them to start sewing.  Thought I was smarter than this but obviously not and now i am just damn frustrated.  Anybody out there that could help me I sure would appreciate it.  I did find the adjustment nut on the banana slot but that only lifted the center foot and not the outside ones.  I need to the whole assembly higher.

Picture would make it easier, but that must be ONE ... THICK .... HOLSTER ....!

2 hours ago, internetcowboy said:

the gun holster is significantly thicker and will not fit under the feet when the arm is raised up and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it done.

I'll ask the obvious question first. How thick is significantly thicker? Is it over the limitations of your machine? Max lift is 1" on that machine and it is designed to sew a max of 7/8".

If you are under that thickness check the banana slide on the back of your machine. You can adjust the height of your lift here. Going down on the slide gives you more lift and vice versa.

002.JPG