Killerwork

Sheridan Tooling pattern needed

I am new to leather work still and have a really hard time with tooling. I do really like the look of Sheridan style and would like a lot more practice. I have a bunch of squares that was given to me and just want to tool some completely. Maybe if one turns out well I may hang it as wall art and inspiration.

Now the issue is I can't draw! I have never been big into drawing, painting or anything artistic. I decided I needed a hobby and decided I wanted to learn something that has always been around, and I chose leather

Now at some time I hope by tracing many things I will learn to be better at design.

If anyone cam help I would appreciate it. The leather I have is 7.75 x 7.75 inch. If anyone is willing to send me designs I would appreciate it.

This is the only tooling I have done and I want to improve!

0226181018_resized.jpg

Try Google it is full of them

@Killerwork moved this post to patterns and templates.  Help wanted is like the classifieds in the newspaper.  Also every post has to be approved before it becomes visible to others.  You'll get more responses from this area or in the forum "how do I do that".  Browse through patterns and templates and see what you find.

You can also do a google search "site:leatherworker.net Sheridan patterns" if you want to limit the search to this site.

Tom

Just a useful tip for you. Many patterns you get will be in PDF format. This makes it easy to adjust the size to fit the piece of leather you are using. Here's how to do it: 

Pattern must be in PDF form. If not, scan it and save as a PDF

Click on pattern to open it

Click printer icon

Select ‘custom scale’ and enter percentage you wish to resize it to.

To save on toner, select ‘save ink/toner’.

Print pattern

If size is what you want, select ‘save changes to PDF’ when closing document.

I found this out when I had a pattern in .jpg format I needed to resize. No matter what changes I made to it, and what changes I made to my printer's programming, the printer would ALWAYS scale it back to the original size!  :(

Can also resize jpg, tiff, bmp, png, and other graphics files in Photoshop and other graphics software.  And scale to your printer for the exact size you want.  Most of this software will let you save in PDF as well.  Will even import from PDF so you can manipulate the image to increase contrast, remove stuff you don't want, etc.

Tom

23 hours ago, Killerwork said:

I am new to leather work still and have a really hard time with tooling. I do really like the look of Sheridan style and would like a lot more practice. I have a bunch of squares that was given to me and just want to tool some completely. Maybe if one turns out well I may hang it as wall art and inspiration.

Now the issue is I can't draw! I have never been big into drawing, painting or anything artistic. I decided I needed a hobby and decided I wanted to learn something that has always been around, and I chose leather

Now at some time I hope by tracing many things I will learn to be better at design.

If anyone cam help I would appreciate it. The leather I have is 7.75 x 7.75 inch. If anyone is willing to send me designs I would appreciate it.

This is the only tooling I have done and I want to improve!

0226181018_resized.jpg

here you go... sheridan style leather carving patterns