Bonk

Fortuna Model 620: 12″ Bandknife Splitting Machine

I have the possibility to buy a Fortuna Model 620: 12″ Bandknife Splitting Machine for less then 600$. Similar as the one in the picture I attached.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of splitting machine ?

Even better, does anyone have a manual for this kind of machine ?

Any tips or recommendations are welcome !!!

fortuna bandsplitmachine.jpg

I am always a bit skeptical when something looks so good with such a good price. Can you visit where this machine is located? 

I wouldn't touch it if I couldn't. Take some leather with you to see how it performs. If it does well,  slide into your truck or trailer and head for home before the present owner decides against selling it.

Ferg

I already visited the machine, the overall condition is good, not as good as the one I showed in topic. But still... 

The only problem is that I can't see it working because there is a power issue. I took an electrician with me, and he assured me that the electrical problem can be solved easily...

A manual or something, for this kind of machine would be helpful of course. Does anyone think I can find it ?

Randall-Campbell has copy's of a operators instructions manual

Thanks guys. I found the operators instruction manual at Randall-Campbell. Thanks for the tip...

The 600$ machine was not good anymore. It had some broken pieces since it fell of a trailer. I can't trust if it is still good.

ButI found another one like this, for the price of 1200$. It looks much better then the previous one.

Does anyone know if I can split all kind of leathers with this split machine? (full grain, genuine, ...)

Thanks for the info.

LOL... true about genuine :) 

It is indeed no real leather!

About the splitmachine, you can put different rolls on it, do you need this for different kind of leathers?

I have the 620 and splitt full grain all the Time,  for thick leather you move the Knife back and the Table down a Tad,  send me your email and I pdf the manual I have from Fortuna.

Ludwig.      krauseintaglio.com.       typenut@gmail.com

Mr Ludwig Mohr passed away and I have his model 620 fortuna skiving machine 12 " band knife for sale. Also v 50 fortuna edge skiving machine. 

Dabid Weinstein. 818 929 7947 

19 hours ago, DavidWeinsyein said:

Mr Ludwig Mohr passed away and I have his model 620 fortuna skiving machine 12 " band knife for sale. Also v 50 fortuna edge skiving machine. 

Dabid Weinstein. 818 929 7947 

If you want to sell a machine, post it in the marketplace forum.  This is not a for sale forum.  https://leatherworker.net/forum/forum/69-marketplace/