So this project isn't close to perfect. I've been working on it for a long time. It was frankly a bit too much for me. But that's ok, I've learned a lot from this. Mainly, my stitching and skiving need work. I've ordered better stitching irons (KS blade) and in the future I will know how to plan out my project better. 

That said I'm still kinda proud of it. It is a 3 part panel tote with a zip. It's my second bag ever, first with a fabric lining (duck canvas), first from my own pattern. All edjes except the zip gusset are rolled and the liner was also (poorly haha) hand stitched. I kept it simple with a single pocket. Straps are mystery braid. 

Excuse the photography, best I can do right now. Thanks for looking. 

20180321_212942-1573x1055.jpg

20180321_213010-1573x822.jpg

20180321_213035-1573x825.jpg

What is the lining made of very nice

Thanks. It's pink duck cloth aka canvas I got from Joann's I think. A yard was a lot more than I needed for the project haha. But it'll get used somewhere 

Wow that is a ton of work!!! Respect! I love my KS irons, I think you’ll really notice the difference.  The Parisian pink is a nice touch, too. 

Haha it's a play on the horween leather I used. It's Parisian blue. I just thought Parisian pink had a nice ring to it.

The pink is an italian lamb skin of some kind (i think veg tan but most certainly could be something else). It's super soft and supple, that's why it's just trim. The bottom I had to glue to a piece of veg tan to give it structure. 

The bottom, bottom trim, pocket and two side pannels have rolled edges and we're stitched first then put together. Then when the main bag was done I made the liner. It's a turned lining so the top edge is also rolled. A lot of stitching as you know. But I really like this style bag.

My stitch lines are wonky because my bound edges at the top weren't very good because i didn't skive thin enough, but you learn from these things. Next one will be better haha 

Stetson 912:   Great job!  I Believe on this site some were someone saying,    ~Teach what you know! ...........Learn what you don't!~  I Like this Quote.

I Have made bags, Totes and others but still have not ventured into the lining of them Yet!  I do enjoy working with the Duck canvas and leather together.

Again Very Nice Job!!!      ~Hillbilly~

Thanks @crfiremech, that's a good philosophy. 

The canvas is easy to work with. Cutting can be a bit tricky (I recommend a rotary cutter) if you have even a fabric seeing machine it would make the liner look nicer, but the way it's put together the seamsare on the outside of the liner and are unseen. I more or less used the technique in one of Arthur Porter's videos on YouTube about making a bag with fabric lining. 

I like the technique and style, just needs some refinement haha

Thank you For the Information! Stetson912   I am going to adventure in to that soon.  I will go watch his videos for the Techniques and how to's

Thank You so Much!

~Hillbilly~ 

I love the colors! Great work for your second bag. Being able to make your own pattern is a huge bonus. I have a tip for you when it comes to lining the bags. You need to make a separate pattern for your lining. This is because it needs to be smaller than your outside pattern so it fits neatly inside. I make my lining pattern 1/16 smaller than the outside. You can start there and adjust it smaller if you find the lining is still a little too big inside. If you already knew this than disregard lol!

3 hours ago, JeannieH said:

I love the colors! Great work for your second bag. Being able to make your own pattern is a huge bonus. I have a tip for you when it comes to lining the bags. You need to make a separate pattern for your lining. This is because it needs to be smaller than your outside pattern so it fits neatly inside. I make my lining pattern 1/16 smaller than the outside. You can start there and adjust it smaller if you find the lining is still a little too big inside. If you already knew this than disregard lol!

I will use that tip my first lined bag it was to bunched up at the top when I top stitched it to the bag. As you can figure I made it size for size.

Thanks @JeannieH, I used the same pattern for my liner as the main bag. It is a little large. But with the turned lining I thought it had to be (I put the main bag inside the liner then turned the liner ect) but this may not be the case. I'll be doing a smaller one coming up and I might be able to get the liner to fit better. Thanks for the tip!

16 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

Thanks @JeannieH, I used the same pattern for my liner as the main bag. It is a little large. But with the turned lining I thought it had to be (I put the main bag inside the liner then turned the liner ect) but this may not be the case. I'll be doing a smaller one coming up and I might be able to get the liner to fit better. Thanks for the tip!

No problem! Glad I could help!

Nice job man! You should be very proud of that bag. Tons of work involved

Thanks @9tpi, not nearly as nice as your work, but I'm trying haha. She likes it a lot (my mother in law that is)