The brown one on the left is made form Horween horse butt and 3 oz. horse hide lining.  The one on the right is burgundy cow hide from S. B. Foote tannery with 3 oz. horse hide lining.  The one in the center is black cow hide with the 3 oz. lining.  The horse hide and cow hide came from Maverick Leather.  The fine stitching on the linings was machine stitched and the perimeter was hand stitched.  

IMG_0053.jpg

They look great, very neat hand stitching. Where did you score the S. B. Foote leather from?

Thank you.  It came from Maverick Leather in Bend, Oregon.  They substituted it for some other burgundy leather that I ordered, very good leather I not complaining.  

Those look great. I also like Maverick. Nice people.

Very clean work 

I forgot to include in the description that I purchased the acrylic plastic templates for Passport Holders, Bifold Wallets and Roper Wallets from Aaron at Maker's Leather Supply.  The templates save all of the time for trial and error and making prototypes.  They are cut out with a lazer and are very high quality.  He has an excellent system for card holders using Tyvek building wrap and 1/4" double stick adhesive tape.  I sewed the Tyvek just under the card slot with #92 thread so it would never come off.  That may not be necessary but just to make sure.  Aaron has Youtube videos showing how to use the templates under Maker's Leather Supply.

ABR

On 3/25/2018 at 7:43 AM, ABR said:

I forgot to include in the description that I purchased the acrylic plastic templates for Passport Holders, Bifold Wallets and Roper Wallets from Aaron at Maker's Leather Supply.  The templates save all of the time for trial and error and making prototypes.  They are cut out with a lazer and are very high quality.  He has an excellent system for card holders using Tyvek building wrap and 1/4" double stick adhesive tape.  I sewed the Tyvek just under the card slot with #92 thread so it would never come off.  That may not be necessary but just to make sure.  Aaron has Youtube videos showing how to use the templates under Maker's Leather Supply.

ABR

Do you think, or noticed if, the Tyvek weakens when it is perforated by the threading needle? I just made 2 and stitched mine as well. Then I was thinking, will it cause it to rip? I hate thinking double sided tape is the only thing holding it.

9 hours ago, jrny4wrd said:

Do you think, or noticed if, the Tyvek weakens when it is perforated by the threading needle? I just made 2 and stitched mine as well. Then I was thinking, will it cause it to rip? I hate thinking double sided tape is the only thing holding it.

Punch a row of holes in a piece of Tyvek and try to rip it, bet you won't be able to. It's pretty tough. I really don't trust just the tape either, but lots of makers do and it seems to work. I sew mine with a 5 SPI chisel, not so many holes, and quick!