Looking for gauge sets for a Singer 138W101 machine.   When I search for them with 138W101 I'm not finding them.  Does this model use gauge sets from other twin needle models either singer or singer clones?   When I look at the 138W101 manual from the library of Superior Sewing Machine & Supply, it doesn't show the gauge set 7/8" that is currently on the machine.  The machine, previously was used to put nylon webbing onto apparel.  The 7/8" was sewing both edges of the webbing onto an article of clothing.

This machine is silver.

Edited by Scoutmom103

Changing gauges is a non-trivial affair on a flatbed machine and usually also requires a matching needle bar. You also have to move both hook saddles - that's the part may be next to impossible on a post-bed machine.

Edited by Uwe

Here's a 1/4" gauge set on Ebay:

image.png

If she buys that set,she'll need to get a needlebar as that needlebar chuck won't work on her Singer.

Uwe thanks.  I'm not ready to purch sets yet.  Wanted to find out what fits it and is available.  

Thanks Bob.  I haven't started refurbishing/cleaning her up  yet, so I haven't taken off the current needles and chuck yet.

Does anyone know if the gauge sets for other singer twin needle models or their clones fit the 138W101?

What size do you need? On Superior's page#434 is all the different gauges sizes you can get w/o going to get it custom made.You or we order plate  & matching feed then order the needlebar & foot from the 112w page.

I don't know of any other machine parts that will fit.

Edited by CowboyBob

Thanks Bob.    Good to know   Is this page 434 of the 1999 catalog that is on the Superior website?     For some reason my surface doesn't open the pdf for that page very clearly.  It's hard to read the sizes and numbers on the  throat plates.

Ok,the sizes they have are 3/32,1/8,5/32,3/16,1/4,5/16 & 3/8

Thank you so much.  Once I get her cleaned up (she's behind the Pfaff 145) I'll decide what size gauge set and be in touch.  

Maybe some day, I'll be in Toledo and will get a chance to see the showroom.

Your Welcome & if your ever in the neighborhood stop in we have a lot of New & Old machines,thread & etc to look at.