Kj86

My first Bronc noseband

Here is a pic of my first noseband for Bronc halter I have ever made (yet to be put on a halter) 

i have only been doing leather work for about a month.

i am a bit disappointed that my clear coat has taken a bit of the white paint off

IMG_2643.JPG

My initial carving of the feathers

IMG_2625.JPG

I think it looks great! I actually like the effect on the feathers

10 hours ago, motocouture said:

I think it looks great! I actually like the effect on the feathers

Thank you :) I do agree now after looking at it for a while it has given it a bit of a rustic look

I like the final appearance. The white is only just the tiniest bit reduced in brightness, which, IMHO, adds to the effect.

That looks great!  My sister and her husband have a couple of miniature horses and she was asking me about nosebands and whether or not I knew how to make one.   I'm still a newbie and I shared some pics of my projects with my family.   So you customize the noseband and add it to a pre-existing halter?

8 hours ago, Jack1970 said:

That looks great!  My sister and her husband have a couple of miniature horses and she was asking me about nosebands and whether or not I knew how to make one.   I'm still a newbie and I shared some pics of my projects with my family.   So you customize the noseband and add it to a pre-existing halter?

Thank you... 

yep I just make a nice nose band and sometime some matching cheek pieces and then just attach them to a store bought halter with either conchos or rivets.

i guess you possibly could make a whole new leather halter to go with it. I have thought about doing that but it just seemed to time consuming at the point in time 

this is a mini pony one I just finished for my daughters bday I am not just waiting for a rainbow halter to arrive to attach it to that

IMG_2701.JPG

Wow!  That is really cool!  I bet your daughter is going to love that!  There's nothing better than a gift that has thought + time and effort put into it!  Looks great!

I can see Jacobs Crawley using the rainbow bronc halter. :) Looking good! 

-Ryan