Mujician

First attempt at a wallet

I'm about to attempt a wallet, however I have a question. There are several layers of leather required to be on top of each other. All stitched in some way - do I stitch each individual piece (meaning stitching over the same place two or three times? Or do I cut all the pieces, lay them on top of each other and stitch them all in one go?

It is a PDF pattern I bought from leather craft patterns.

i would personally stitch in one go, glue them down how the wallet should look then make the holes, and stitch but i might be wrong

FYI - its this design - http://www.leathercraftpattern.com/leather-downloadable-patterns/leather-wallet-patterns/leather-short-wallet-pattern-PDF-SWP-08

Thanks leathermunchkin. The only bit I can see myself getting frustrated with is the hidden card slot. 

I see the area you mean. I would think that you would have to stitch the top part of hidden card slot first to the center divider, then in final assy. stitch the rest of it, but it doesn't appear that is what they did. Then again, you could start at the bottom, stitch final assy. and when you got to the hidden card slot, bend it away and continue to stitch the top. In one of the pics on their website, you can see that the rear piece and the center piece aren't stitched all the way to the rounded top corner. It's thin leather, so that would work. 

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I'm just doing some simple tooling at the moment. Just a couple of initials for a guy who asked me to make a wallet - if it works out - its his! I just need to figure out how to put the holes in to stitch it :-/