Mjolnir

to: The Leather Gods... Really?

So a topic called 'Show your Shop' isn't under Show anymore but moved to off topic. Why?

Edited by Mjolnir
ps

504 replies show we were happy with it in "Show", seems odd to move it after 3 months.

H

I don't really care but I do. I loved that thread and not because I started it but  because I like seeing innovation. People showing off! and now that's off topic. I guess I should post trivia on show off.

I'm hoping one of the mods will chime in.  I'm sure there's a good reason for it.  Could be as simple as it's not about leather projects.  I haven't read the whole thread.  Was there significant drift in the topic?

I'm a member on other forums too (mostly woodworking related).  Some are stricter than others.   All but one were fair in their policies.  The one that wasn't (sewing related) was more interested in keeping their advertisers happy than they were in a free exchange of ideas.  I don't visit that one any more.

I am also on other forums one is strictish but the mods ALWAYS post to say where and why they moved the thread.

I don't think it had drifted much

I buy stuff from the vendors here. I don't have a lot of leather craft know how. I'm learning so I don't post a lot of my misshaps. I guess I'm just off topic. I asked a Mod to pin that topic. I probably didn't understand that I was asking for the topic to be thrown away.

Meh, stuff moves.  I did a leather "music case" which is a briefcase of sorts.  It got moved to musical instruments and stayed there.  I figure mods have lots to do, chuckled to myself and posted the next fun thing.

Enjoying all the off topic topics though, Mjolnir.

YinTx

I read the request, but expected it to be pinned as it was, not moved.

Seemed reasonable to me.

H

5 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Meh, stuff moves.  I did a leather "music case" which is a briefcase of sorts.  It got moved to musical instruments and stayed there.  I figure mods have lots to do, chuckled to myself and posted the next fun thing.

YinTx

Thanks YinTx. Should have title this to the ' Leather Mods'.

lol! they collect money from donations online. lmao!

Edited by Mjolnir

2 minutes ago, YinTx said:

YinTx

Now that's just poor English on their part. A music case is a traditional flap over body gussetted leather case, usually with a brass bar closure.

H

Lol..... 

• 504 replies

I am a viewer on that thread, not a replier that I recall. I am jealous of the space folks have.

H