Hi, guys!

So my dad got my brother a .22 revolver for a birthday present and my gift to him was that I would make him a holster to go with it.

...several months later...

And here it is!

Let me know what you guys think. Comments/critique are always welcome. :)4716533249162303624.jpg.4b20056e088eb756b57a38d544ed98bf.jpg7353304450510406969.jpg.afbd1d8f59ce89f823d2c62573ca89ef.jpg9215947329702040840.jpg.98e03bfbcceae2c9cd7684c1ce4647ba.jpg

I read Jim's tutorial in the holster/knife sheath part of the forum and it really helped.

Thanks for looking!

-Ryan

Edited by Rolandranch

Ryan great job! I bet he loves it!

Just now, JD62 said:

Ryan great job! I bet he loves it!

Thank you!

Yeah, he was really disappointed when I told him he couldn't carry it around without dad (he's 15). :) 

That is a magnificent gift for a young new gun owner. Your a good brother! and a fine holster maker it seems.

He'll have to get a Denix replica or an airgun so he can pack iron around the house...

Ahhh, Well up here in N.Y. you cant even shoot a hand gun unless its on YOUR  permit, which you cant get till your 21.

Just now, plinkercases said:

That is a magnificent gift for a young new gun owner. Your a good brother! and a fine holster maker it seems.

He'll have to get a Denix replica or an airgun so he can pack iron around the house...

Thanks, plinker!

This was my first attempt at a holster and I think it turned out alright but time will tell how well built it really is. 

2 minutes ago, JD62 said:

Ahhh, Well up here in N.Y. you cant even shoot a hand gun unless its on YOUR  permit, which you cant get till your 21.

ouch... So I guess I'll stay here in AZ. :) My parents and older brother are in N.Y. right now selling pens we make.

45 minutes ago, Rolandranch said:

ouch... So I guess I'll stay here in AZ. :) My parents and older brother are in N.Y. right now selling pens we make

Thats cool do you know where?

Wow, great job, Roland. You are well in your way to making a living at this stuff. Really impressed.

Very Nice!  I like to see young "Whipper-Snappers" doing great leather work.

BTW: A number of years ago we made Black Walnut cases for a company who made Pens and Pencils. I kept one set for myself, haven't been able to find them in years. LOL

Ferg

Lookin' good, Kid - I like it.  Great color, and the contrasting stitch is a nice touch. ;)

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the kind words!

Another fine bit of work @Rolandranch

Very nice work Ryan!

52 minutes ago, JKHelms said:

Very nice work Ryan!

Thank you!

That is super slick.  I've been itching to make one of my own, but haven't decided on design, colors etc.. . which just means I am really good at procrastinating.  Great job!

YinTx

1 hour ago, YinTx said:

That is super slick.  I've been itching to make one of my own, but haven't decided on design, colors etc.. . which just means I am really good at procrastinating.  Great job!

YinTx

Thanks!

Now I don't want to boast but I think I'm better at procrastinating than you are. :taptap:

That turned out great.  Your brother has got to be super happy with it.  Great job on the holster and being a big brother.

Love the color, design, everything.  

A really clean well made holster there. Inspiring stuff, thanks for sharing. Self made holsters for my Ruger Bisley Vaqueros are on the to do list

Another beautiful piece from you