Jack1970

Lattice basket weave stamp

Hi folks!  I took advantage of a sale that Tandy was having on Craftool Pro stamps this weekend and picked up a lattice basket weave stamp that I think is cool (X2850) and I don't really know how to run it and haven't found any videos or instructions that show how to lay it out.  Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated!  Btw, in case you didn't know, the Craftool Pro stamps are on sale for $7.99 this weekend at Tandy.  

Hey Jack,

Sounds like you got a great deal, some of those pro stamps are a good snag at $7.99.

I have a similar stamp, while not a Tandy one, the process is the same.

tumblr_p6tp0ksOf31x7qocgo3_1280.jpg     tumblr_p6tp0ksOf31x7qocgo4_1280.jpg    tumblr_p6tp0ksOf31x7qocgo5_1280.jpg

You first stamp the stamp, I put a reference line for, well, reference. Then you rotate the stamp so it's oriented like the second photo, and then you stamp it.

You just repeat that process until you get a nice basket weave.

Hope that helped!

-JW

Hey JW,

That's very helpful!  Thank you!  I'm gonna be a stamping fool today! :)

Jack

Yeah, that really is a very cool stamp!

I SHALL AQUIRE THIS!!!!

It's a pretty cool stamp, it has a slight learning curve, but his basket weave stamps are fantastic. I haven't got any other of his stamps... yet, but hopefully I will soon.

He is on leatherworker.net and his name is @arbalet12. Here is the link to his Etsy shop and the stamp I showed in the pictures:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/275253774/tools-for-leather-crafts-stamp-36?ref=shop_home_active_9

I got it with pretty fast shipping considering it comes from Bulgaria. Here is the other basket weave stamp I got.

tumblr_p6uf2xWSE71x7qocgo1_1280.jpg

Wow!  That's a really nice stamp!  Thanks for sharing!  I've got some more stamps on my wish list now!

Hello Jack, this URL should take you right to the Tandy video on how to use the beveler tool. www.tandyleather.com/en/product/x514-craftool-basketweave-stamp

Hope this helps. God Bless