dhaverstick

Made this shooting bag just in time for turkey season

I finished this shooting bag for a good friend, and fellow blackpowder hunter, just in time for turkey season. He is a taxidermist and had done a lot of work for me without charge. After I badgered him a while he finally said he would take a shooting bag as payment. He wanted it specifically for turkey hunting so that's what he got. The stalls hold pre-measured powder and shot and the other pockets are for a pot call and strikers.

The body of the bag is bison hide. The turkey fan is made from tanned carp skin and the turkey feet are ostrich leg skin. The morel mushrooms are made from rattlesnake skin and all the trim is New Zealand red deer hide. I carved the buttons and clasp from deer antler and everything was sewn by hand using artificial sinew. 

Hopefully, I will get a picture of this bag laying next to a big gobbler this spring!

Darren

GZZCg8Z.jpg
YoSXPEy.jpg
1y0iDQN.jpg
UMBN6xW.jpg
sfUAfQB.jpg

Very cool

Exceptional piece of work. I like the way you made use of the different textures.