Hey All!,

Just finished a holster made with a Nocona boot from a pair. These boots are tall and yielded plenty of boot top for this holster. It's built for a Ruger Super Blackhawk with a 7 1/2 inch barrel. I have one more boot in this pair so I'll be able to produce another holster identical to this one. This holster goes out to a long time friend of mine.

20180407_150339.jpg

20180407_150529.jpg

How's the firmness of the leather? Did you line it with something else? I can see where the skirt would help stiffen the back side, but with only the double layer at the muzzle end of the holster, what keeps the top of the rig formed?

I've got an old pair of boots looking for a new life, that's why I'm asking!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

If you peel off the cowboy boot top material...you'll find a 6-7 oz layer of Herman Oak leather making up the entire holster. In other words...imagine the same holster you see...minus the cowboy boot material....you'll still have a pretty strong holster. The cowboy boot material just adds an extra layer on the part of the holster you see in the photos.

Great looking holster

Outstanding!  Not only looks great but what a great idea.  I'm back to this site after being away several years.