I’ve been off work last week so I’ve had some time to play. This is a sample of what I’ve done so far got another week off this week so I’m busy with more wallets and passport wallets. This is way more fun than going to work.

Luggage tag

spLew1O.jpg

Wallet

iaJUWnW.jpg

Card Wallet

c4DPjDi.jpg

Card Wallet

Wvam2ds.jpg

Card Wallet

sm4YiId.jpg

Very, very nice.  This is a good reference for when someone talks about developing your own style or a "signature" look.  Your use of color turns wallets into fun, conversation starters.  Imagine the questions when you pull out the spotted one.  Probably will generate orders.  

Contrasting stitching sometimes misses the mark but I love the yellow and the way it ties in with the rest of the wallet.  You pulled it off quite well.

thanks for sharing!

Forgot to compliment the edges!  Oh, and the double crease on the bifold!  

Edited by Tugadude
Added comments

Wicked sharp workmanship, sir! I especially like those wallets...great designs, color/material choice and execution.

Love the use of color and your stitching and finishing is spot on - nice work!

Gary

Thanks for the comments its been good to have a bit of time to get some stuff done.

I must admit I like to put a bit of colour into what I do but seeing as I only really do stuff for friends and family and they have quite conservative tastes the more colourful stuff will go into my one of my boxes of stuff that may  make there way onto Etsy, if I ever find the motivation to sell some of my work. :)

48 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

Very, very nice.  This is a good reference for when someone talks about developing your own style or a "signature" look.  Your use of color turns wallets into fun, conversation starters.  Imagine the questions when you pull out the spotted one.  Probably will generate orders.  

Contrasting stitching sometimes misses the mark but I love the yellow and the way it ties in with the rest of the wallet.  You pulled it off quite well.

thanks for sharing!

Forgot to compliment the edges!  Oh, and the double crease on the bifold!  

Thanks I forgot I did a double crease on the bifold I had to check the photos :) 

I'm a bit hit and miss doing creases especially on curves but I'm gradually getting better, I'm currently waiting for some Wuta Creasers to arrive so hopefully they will help me improve to the point I can do doubles on curves and not just on straight lines :)  

I'm a detail guy.  I typically see things others gloss over.  Helps me in my job, but can be a pain when judging my own work.  Your details are spot on.

Very nice work,very well done.

Brilliant execution, I totally love the minimalists. The way you work with color is totally my taste. Your edges are really well made, did you edge paint the black edges and burnish the brown one?

Love it

40 minutes ago, charon said:

Brilliant execution, I totally love the minimalists. The way you work with color is totally my taste. Your edges are really well made, did you edge paint the black edges and burnish the brown one?

Thanks, the black edges are first sanded then burnished with saddle soap then dyed black sanded then burnished with tokonole a couple of times.the brown one the same but no dye. 

Very nice.

I love everything about all that you posted. Fun, catchy, clean work. Really interesting stuff!

Thanks everyone it is very encouraging to see positive comments . Personally when I look at these I see the mistakes but I’m naturally critical of what I do. Trying to make something better than the last one is what makes me keep going and also it’s fun working with leather :)  I wish I had done this years ogo.