miker

adler spare parts?

I have looked the video. It seems to me, that when the inner presser foot starts to press, then there is some slack, and then the fabric and feed dog are pushed further a bit backwards. Can i be, that something is Loose?

Yes the video is blurry (i made it with my phone) however it's visible what i mean! I'll make one more video later today. The funny thing is that the machine came like this from a service center! I guess i have to do it myself! Before i start any suggestion on what i must reset?

For me it is not too much a problem, that the video is blurry. It is the sudden big steps in the sewing cycle, that causes a problem for me. I hope to see a video with slow movement of every part of the sewing cycle :)

Thanks Miker, now you have made a very nice video. I agree with you, that the movements seems odd. I think you need people to Watch this, that have much more specialized knowledge of the same kind of machine. Sorry, I cannot help you.

Pretty sure UWE had a video on this but with a different machine - as far as I recall... or not?

Edited by Constabulary

is the class 168 similar to the 68? Because i have a detailed service manual for 168! As i can see from the exploded views the 168 have a  shorter stick than  68-4563L and the position of the hook is from the right side of the needle, on the 68 is from the left side

Edited by miker

according to the international service center in Germany the machine is ok!

I will keep it as it is but i still believe that it's not perfect!

Can you post a few picture of your machine from all sides, including the top and underside?

It seems to me the feed motion needs to be advanced a little so that it is all the way forward by the time the needle comes down. It's hard to guess exactly how your machine is configured underneath. My Adler 68 had independent top and bottom feed, so it probably looks very different from your machine underneath.

In any case, a few detailed pictures with good lighting and focus may allow us to suggest possible adjustments and draw arrows on the pictures to explain what we are talking about.  

I only have the German language version of the Adler 68 Service Manual: Adler 68 Justieranleitung.pdf

I does describe how to adjust the feed motion to make it as close to a rectangle as possible on Pages  16 and 17. Basically, the eccentric 58 can be adjusted to change when the feed dog comes up and goes down. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 2.13.28 PM.png

I also have this manual! Only in german damn it! I have some german friends and i will ask their help to translate. I will make the photos tomorrow!

The funny thing is that the machine came like this from a service center

Edited by miker

a little help will be appreciated! I don't know what are the strikethrough words?

according to the service manual

Adjustment feed dog follow-up movement
1. Set stitch regulator lever to maximum forward stitch length.
2. Rotate handwheel until the take-up lever has reached its highest position.
3. In this position rotate the handwheel further.
The feed dog should now advance by one tooth before it sinks below

the throat plate (with normally toothed feed dog). Fig.1.
Correct as follows:
4. Slacken screw 51. Fig. 2, page 204.
5. Rotate cam 52 as required.

6. Retighten screw 51.

Feed dog height adjustment
1. Rotate handwheel until the feed dog has reached its hi-
ghest position.
2. In this position the feed dog should be above the throat
plate by the height of one tooth. Fig. 3.
Correct as follows:
3. Slacken screw 53. Fig.4, page 204.

4, Rotate crank 54
upwards = _ feed dog moves higher |
downwards = feed dog moves lower.
5. Tighten screw 53,

Feed dog lift adjustment
Please note that with the following adjustment you will not obtain the feed dog lift movement  as shown in Fig.1 but an approximately rectangular movement (Fig.2 ,page 205). The lift movement shown in Fig.2 is necessary in order to ensure that the pre-set stitch length is actually carried out by the feed dog above the throat plate
1. Rotate handwheel until the needle enters the needle hole
or the feed dog has completed its follow-up movement as
set according to page 12.
2 With the feed dog in this position it should sink vertically
below  the  throat plate when the handwheel is rotated fur
ther, and, on completion of its return journey it should
also emerge vertically from the throat plate. Please note
that this vertical lift can be only approximately obtained
by means of the round cam.
Correct as follows:
3. Slacken- screws 55. Fig. 3, page 205.
4. Rotate cam 56.
It is advisable to hold the cam by means of a tool (screw-
driver or the like) and to carry out the adjustment by
rotating the handwhneel.
5. Tighten screws 59.

why the say "Please note that with the following adjustment you will not obtain the feed dog lift movement  as shown in Fig.1 but an approximately rectangular movement (Fig.2 ,page 205). The lift movement shown in Fig.2 is necessary in order to ensure that the pre-set stitch length is actually carried out by the feed dog above the throat plate"

Isn't this kind of movement  the correct one?

Those part are the same on 168 and 68. Only the number for the various screws are different

Edited by miker

Just so you know, the tip of the needle, feed dog and inner presser foot should reach the top of the throat plate all at the same time.  In your machine, the tip of the needle is way late.  That adjustment needs to be made.   The feed dog looks like it is coming up a little to high.  Feed dog should never rise more than the bottom of the teeth are above the top of the throat plate.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
more content needed

i have made some adjustments and it seems ok now! I will make one more video and post it again!