stormcrow

Attentius Edge Paint 2000

Has anyone got any experience with this edge paint 

First I have heard of it, but looks to be priced about the same as Giardini.  Look forward to hearing feedback on how good it is!

Gary

Eventually got round to trying some of this edge paint. I've no previous experience of edge paint but this seems to work ok. I put some on a card wallet a couple of weeks ago and it has been in my pocket with loose change and keys and so far it is just as it was when it was first done. Going to try some Giardini soon to see how it compares. 

Some example of the colours below, I have only one criticism of the colours and that is the violet (2nd top) is very dark looks just like black so I'm going to get some white and add that to lighten it up. These example are 3 coats first impressions is it is quite tricky to apply edge paint and time consuming so I think I will probably only use it on smaller items like card wallets watch straps etc.

1KkVNzn.jpg

Edited by stormcrow

I think it looks very good!  I use roller pens to apply paint - easier for me to control than a brush.  Let us know how you feel it compares to Giardini.

Gary. 

I'm getting a bit better with practice, for the samples I used a roller pen which was ok. I'm busy doing a couple of card wallets and for those I'm using a couple of modelling spatulas bought from eBay for £4 for the 2 and I am quite liking those. I think a combination of those with the roller pen should work ok for me.

I've ordered the Giardini sample kit of dense base coat and black to try out. The cost difference of these to Giardini is quite a bit though as you have to order a min of 125ml of Giardini whereas I can get 50ml bottles of these for £2.10 which is ideal for trying out and working on small pieces. another benefit is Attentius is in the UK as I am, so postage is just a couple of days and £5.

ZZoOKw5.jpg