Dingo78

Pfaff 175 Manual

Hello all,

I've got an old Pfaff industrial sewing machine, 175-6B. I've been trying to find a manual for it but no luck so far, there's hardly any mention of this machine's existence anywhere. I was hoping someone here might have it and could forward me the manual... thanks in advance!

Pfaff-industrijski-sivalni-stroj-za-usnj

It seems to be rare indeed. Can you please post a few more close-up pictures, including the type plates, head side cover removed, back and underside?

If manuals for the specific models are not available, your best bet often is to determine close relatives and piece things together from their manuals (like that machine in the background.) 

Unfortunately I don't have the machine close by as it's in storage currently so I've only got the pictures I've taken before to go by. From my random googling the machine SEEMS to be related to the Pfaff 195, at least they look similar. Maybe 175 was an earlier model?

Here are a couple more pictures that I have:

20170424_151938.jpg

20170424_152016.jpg

Thanks for your help!

(Btw, any idea what the numbers on the plate stand for?)

According to the subclass decoder section in the Pfaff 195/595 parts list ( 595 parts list.pdf) , your machine is a version for medium duty materials (B), very high foot lift (H4), for fabric (S=Stoff=fabric),  and 8mm stitch length (N8)

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 12.10.50 PM.png

Start with the Pfaff 145/545 manual (Pfaff 145 545 User Manual.pdf). The head should be nearly identical. Very often, if it looks the same, it works the same way. 

Nope, the Pfaff 195 is one of those does-not-exist manuals (until somebody finds one and scans it to PDF.)

On 15 april 2018 at 2:19 AM, Uwe said:

Nope, the Pfaff 195 is one of those does-not-exist manuals (until somebody finds one and scans it to PDF.)

They seem to have an pfaff 195 (user) manuall:

http://www.sewingmanuals.com/Sewing_Machine_Manuals/Pfaff_Industrial.htm

(but did not try to buy one myself)

regards, michiel