dprezgay

Wanted - 2D and 3D Leather Stamps

I need 2d and 3d leather stamps and sets.  I work with scout and youth groups and am trying to get 2 each of all the pictorial leather stamps and stamp sets.

If you have some that you are no longer using I could sure use them.

Between Craftool, Midas, and The Leather Factory 3d stamps there were about 740 made.  Not including the sets.  

I have less than half of those.

So here is the deal:

1.   If you could donate stamps that would be fantastic.  My address is listed below.

In fact I will take any tools that you want to donate.  I especially need sets of the 10 "basic" stamps, mallets, swivel knives, tool racks, etc...

2.   I have about 260 extra stamps, that I have 3 or more of, that I'm willing to trade for other stamps I need.

3.   I am willing to pay for stamps, but to be honest, if you are looking to make a lot of money, then list them on ebay. 

I would like to buy large lots of the stamps as shipping can get expensive buying stamps one or two at a time.

This is what I need:

Scout Stamps - I want to get about 6 of each of these, so here is what I need:

Note: These stamps may or may not be marked Craftool and the numbers on the stamps may have been used on other stamps.  That is why I included the description.

Cub Scout Stamps

6 - 8532 - 2 Finger Peace Sign - Not an official scout stamp but it is a symbol for Cub Scouts  

1 - 8401 - Cub Scout

5 - No Number - Commonly referred to Cub Scout style 2

2 - 8445 - Tiger Scout

3 - 8442 - Bobcat

1 - 8441 - Wolf

3 - 8443 - Bear

0 - 8444 - Webelos

5 - 8440 - Arrow of Light

Boy Scout Stamps

1 - 8402, 8414 or no number - Eagle Emblem

5 - 8508 or 8543 - Eagle with BSA on Front

6 - 8508 - Order of the Arrow - Indian Head

6 - 8545 - Order of the Arrow - Indian Head - looks like 8508 but it is a different look

6 - 8411 or 8511 - Order of the Arrow with arrowhead on it.

Wood Badge Stamps

5 - 8544 or 8410 - Axe and Log

4 - 8412 - Fox

5 - 8413 - Buffalo

6 - 8414 - Antelope

6 - 8415 - Bear

6 - 8416 - Owl

6 - 8417 - Bobwhite

4 - 8418 - Beaver

6 - 8419 - Eagle

Girl Scout

5 - 8483 - Girl Scout Contemporary

6 - 8484 - Girl Scout Trefoil

5 - 8485 - Daisy

5 - 8486 - Brownie

4-H

4 - 8216 or 8450 - 4-H symbol

Midas Stamps - I only have about 1 box of these so I basically need all I can get.  There are at least 190 of these stamps up to about 203.

The Leather Factory Stamps -  People often confuse these with craftool and midas  With the exception of a few, the stamps number range is between 8501 and 8548.

I have very few of these and no duplicates so I need all of them.

Craftool - 

8200's - I am surprised at how few of these I have.  There are about 69 of these and I have less than 30. with very few duplicates.

8300's - I have a lot of these with duplicates.  But I still have about 25 that I need 1 or 2 of.

8400's - I have about half of these with very few duplicates.

8500's - 8500 to 8574 - I only have a handful of these with only 2 that I have duplicates of.  

8575 to 8599 - I have 1 of each of these so I need duplicates.

8600's - there are 15 of these that I do not have.  I have 1 of each of the rest with few duplicates. 

8700's - None Issued

8800 - These came out last year and are the 1/2" or 5/8" 2d and 3d stamps.  I have 1 complete set of these but I still need 3 more because I am going to donate 2 to the local scout office.  So if you would like to donate any of these they will go directly to the Local BSA.

Please send me photos of what you have and how much you want for them or if you are willing to trade.

FYI - I have no desire to sell any of this stuff on ebay or any other place.  Even the stuff I buy.  So I am not looking to get stuff cheap and resell it.  They will be used during scout and youth group events and classes.  In fact, I just joined a maker space and they already asked me to do leather classes.  Any extra stamps and tools that I acquire will be used to trade for what we need and to fill in stamps that our local BSA is missing.  However, I have made a few deals with some people that I sell their leather tools, and once I raise an agreed upon dollar amount, I got to keep the rest.  That is the only time I will sell stuff.

Please send to:

Dale Prezgay

4800 Crimson Glory Lane

Las Vegas, Nv  89130

702-768-3335

NOTES ON DONATIONS:

First of all I realize it is a lot to ask for donations, especially in this economy.  Rest assured that these will be used for a good cause.  So you can feel good about that.

I am mainly trying to get as many of the 2d and 3d stamps as I can.  However If you would like to donate any other leather tools we can use them.  I am trying to put together 24 tool kits that the scouts, that do the leathercraft merit badge with me, can take home and practice during the week between classes.  So I need tools that would go in that toolbox.  

I also need:

2- 8130

3- 8131

5 - 8135

1 - 8136

The wood alphabet sets

any 3/8" set.  Preferably with numbers.  Like Craftool 4907 & 4908.  or Realeather T8133 is a good one.

Any 1/4" alphabet sets with numbers.

Any other complete or incomplete letter and number sets.  I would like to have at least 1 of all the other sets just for variety during certain classes.

Any stamp sets - Native American, sports, text terms, emoji, cartoon, zodiac, 8500, 8501, inspirational word, etc.  I have very few of these and the smaller ones sometimes get lost.

Handle stamp sets - The only ones of these sets that I think the kids would be interested in are the Cross set, Large and Small Barb Wire set, The circle stamps with the star, rope and barb wire in it, Steampunk Gears set, Iron Works set and Armed Services Set, The Baron smiley face stamps.  Of course all are welcome.

Baron Harley Stamp - The one with the number 1 on it.  OK, this one is for me and the parents that I let make their own key FOBs.

Other handle stamps -  Here is what I'm looking for:

Craftool - No-Letter stamps.  I'm trying to get all the stamps that are needed to do any of the craftaids that were made.  Based on the list I got from the internet, I still need 6 letter stamps and 242 no letter stamps.

Any other stamps would be greatly appreciated.  Letter stamps, A, C, D, E, G, J, K, L, M, N, P, S, U, V W, Y AND Z  stamps are used the most. 

Baron, Midas, Kelly, Craft Japan and others - Any stamps that are like 2d or 3d stamps would definitely be used by the kids. a lot of the Baron and Craft Japan stamps are like that.  Also any stamp that makes an interesting border would be cool.

Slickers

Edge Bevelers - Especially No 2 and 3

Swivel Knives and blades.

Setters - Snap, Rivet, eyelet, etc.

Hole punches

Embossing tool and wheels - These would really be nice to have.

Leather Shears

Mallets and Mauls

Burnishers

Poundo Boards and Clicker pads

Any hardware - rivets, snaps, conchos, grommets, spots, buckles, etc...

Books, Stencils, Craftaids and patterns

Leather kits - even those old ones that never got used.  Doesn't everyone need a leather visor.

All-in-one dyes - This is the only dye they have time to use.

Any high quality tools - I would like to have some of these but I would be afraid they would get stolen.  So I would probably trade these for other tools.  But feel free to donate them if you want.

Cash or Tandy gift cards - Always welcome.  I will use these to buy stuff at tandy when it goes on sale or clearance.  (I have purchased 3d stamps for as low as 1.25)

Anything else I may have forgot to put on this wishlist.

Thank you for any donations and especially for reading this far.

Dale

Please send to:

Dale Prezgay

4800 Crimson Glory Lane

Las Vegas, Nv  89130

702-768-3335

Contact Silver Creek Leather or your local Tandy and tell them what your doing, they will probably at least sell you the basic stamp kits wholesale or at cost.

Your council store can get you the basic 3d cub scout stamps for under $2 a piece.

I also work with local youth and scout groups and 10 or so of each of the cub scout logos and a few different versions of outdoor style images are all you need as well as just basic alphabet sets.

If your wanting donations you should post some pictures of you actually working with the scouts.

Edited by chrstn53

2 hours ago, chrstn53 said:

Contact Silver Creek Leather or your local Tandy and tell them what your doing, they will probably at least sell you the basic stamp kits wholesale or at cost.

Your council store can get you the basic 3d cub scout stamps for under $2 a piece.

I also work with local youth and scout groups and 10 or so of each of the cub scout logos and a few different versions of outdoor style images are all you need as well as just basic alphabet sets.

If your wanting donations you should post some pictures of you actually working with the scouts.

I'm working with the local Tandy.  They have come with me when I've needed help and tools.  In addition they provide 1 free project for each kid.  I try to get the key fobs, since the parents like doing those too.  I also buy the 3d stamps when they go on clearance and I time my buying to the best sales.  Like the handle stamps that were only 3.00 a couple months ago.   I'm already able to buy at the lowest level too when I need something right away.  This month they have a sale on the yellow poly mallets that's half of what they usually cost me.  I wanted to get 18 of them but I just bought 19 used rawhide mallets for 100.00.  I'll probably still get 6 of the large ones though.  About the only things I will borrow from them is Granite slabs.  I can get them for next to nothing as scrap from the guys that do countertops, but I have to pay for the cutting and polishing.  They are only about an inch thick though so I expect some breakage.  I'll probably make them 12x6 or 6x6  and glue poundo board on the bottom so they don't scratch the tables at the schools.  

I have mainly concentrated acquiring 3d stamps and interesting handle stamps for the scouts.  They don't have time nor the attention span to learn any real stamping.  Not that i'm any kind of expert in that area.  So if I can teach them how to stamp a border and give a few design ideas I think I'm doing OK.

I started putting my leather tools in a spreadsheet so I know exactly what I have.   I finished entering the  3d stamps and re-evaluated what I actually need and what I can spare.  I think I have a pretty good list of what 2d/3d stamps were made by Craftool, TLF and Midas.  I have identified about 750 stamps, not including the stamp sets.  I stated above that I wanted 2 sets of stamps.  One to use and one for backup.  I decided that I only need 1 complete set, with backups of some of the most popular and hard to get stamps. So I only need about 360 stamps total.  Most of them are the Craftool and TLF stamps between 8500 and 8550, the smaller Craftool stamps between 8800 and 8871 and about half of the Midas stamps.  The rest (about 40) are Craftool stamps between 8200 and 8499.

But that's not including the scout stamps I have listed above that I need.  I do have 1 complete set of all the scout and youth group stamps but those don't ever leave my sight.    

Next I'm going to enter the handle stamps in the spreadsheet.  I sorted them into cups by letter.  Now I just have to input them.  I mostly have purchased the handle stamps on ebay willie nillie, when I got a good deal.  So they are all over the place.  I think the best way to do this is to have about 50 common stamps on each table and a bunch of fun stamps, like the Craft Japan stamps, on a main table.  The rest I will use in more advanced classes that I want to start.  There is a list of all the stamps, 453 total, used in older books and craftaids.  I want to get a complete set of those so the kids can work on larger projects and have all the correct stamps.

I just joined a maker space that has woodworking tools, CNC router, laser cutter and 3d printers.  I plan on making custom storage boxes and racks to organize all of this stuff.  Like a pullout tray system to store all the 3d stamps.  With about 50 stamps on each tray.  5 rows of 10 stamps each, plus a strip of leather below with the stamp impression on it, to keep track of missing stamps.  They will have matching paint on the back of the stamp and the wood tray to make them easier to put away.  Each tray may have several of the stamp sets, all with their own color.  

Why do I want all of this?  I like to give as much variety as possible, and as a former accountant, I'm anal retentive. 

I did receive a few very generous donations last year from this community and a few local people.  I was hoping to get more this year but you are correct that I should post some photos.  I've never thought to take any, but I will try to think of it this week.  

Since i only want 1 set of 3d stamps, I have 545 extra stamps.  Some I'm going to donate to the local scout counsel once I figure out what they need.  I may donate some to the makerspace I just joined.  The rest I could sell on ebay,   I really don't like to sell on ebay, but I may have to.  So I was hoping to trade.for what I need.    

You sell on ebay, right.  Would you be willing to do some trading?

Dale

I have a webelo stamp 8444, an Arrow of Light 8440, a BSA symbol (eagle, shield, fleur De lis) with no number, and a “cub scouts” square with I think a wolf face, but no number.

I'd be willing to trade for one of each of the Girl scout stamps, since I am a girl scout leader and have none of those  :) 

E0FE3B66-FA68-46A0-B807-986A7BA9C98F.jpeg

On 7/28/2018 at 7:32 PM, Mic said:

I have a webelo stamp 8444, an Arrow of Light 8440, a BSA symbol (eagle, shield, fleur De lis) with no number, and a “cub scouts” square with I think a wolf face, but no number.

I'd be willing to trade for one of each of the Girl scout stamps, since I am a girl scout leader and have none of those  :) 

E0FE3B66-FA68-46A0-B807-986A7BA9C98F.jpeg

I wish I had extras for you.  Only have 1 complete set myself and need to get 5 more sets.  there are a few GS stamps on ebay that I can't afford right now.  if you can get them less than 25.00 each that is pretty good.  good luck.

dale

On 8/3/2018 at 11:03 AM, JayBern said:

Do you have any pictures of the woodbadge stamps? 

i will try to get a photo up soon.

On 8/6/2018 at 1:43 AM, dprezgay said:

I wish I had extras for you.  Only have 1 complete set myself and need to get 5 more sets.  there are a few GS stamps on ebay that I can't afford right now.  if you can get them less than 25.00 each that is pretty good.  good luck.

dale

Thanks for the tip!

On 8/3/2018 at 11:03 AM, JayBern said:

Do you have any pictures of the woodbadge stamps? 

Here is a photo.  The Wood Badge ones are in the right two columns.  The OA stamps are in the middle.  The Boy Scout ones are the three on the far left.

Wood Badge Stamps.jpg

Those wood badge stamps including the axe and log are as rare as Hens teeth.   I am not clear if Tandy marketed them or not.   I see them pop up on ebay from time to time in packaging called scout crafts.  I have been slowly trying to assemble all the boy scout ones.  I did procure the owl, bear and beaver and two of them came in the scout crafts package which appears to be from BSA directly.   So i wonder if boy scouts had them at their shops at one time  There is also a copyright of 1996 on them.

Recently on ebay there were four stamps, Axe and Log,  Woodbadge eagle and bear, and the Order of the arrow with the arrow on it shown.   The final bid was $420.99 plus $5 for shipping.    So they obviously command a premium when they come up.   At one time the OA Indian head was on ebay for a buy it now of $200(no idea if it sold). 

Also the Bsa eagle shown in the picture top two on the left, I only have ever seen one listing on ebay over the last couple years for one.

I am also not sure but I dont think you can not use any of those and sell product unless you get licensed by BSA.  That being said I do the scout ones for fun and for the scouts we have in Pack and troop.  Or in the woodbadge case for woodbadge gifts when the course comes around.

Im always surprised these command such a price but I guess its due to rarity?

Ross

Edited by Rossr

Moderator - Please Close/Lock this post and move to old/sold forum.

Thanks,

Dale