A Finch

A few projects the last couple of months

Welcome aboard, and nice work. Love the matching set concept

@DV8DUG, here may be the person to ask...

Those look really good, thanks for sharing.

Very nice items!

Clever fastening method!

On 4/20/2018 at 6:39 PM, bikermutt07 said:

@DV8DUG, here may be the person to ask...

Those look really good, thanks for sharing.

Was there a question here for me to answer or did you mean the OP could be the person to ask about a question of mine?

Anyways... A Finch... I like the work except the fact that if you are an experienced archer you do not require an arm guard as nice as it looks and if you do wear one, be careful that those buttons don't interfere with the string or vica-versa. Maybe switch them around to the inside of the arm-guard because they are close enough to the outside edge i don't think function will be lost. I'm interested in your outside edges. Rolled over or did you glue a piece over the edge or is it just a sewing channel cut in like a border? Hard to see but I like the puffy look I'm getting from pictures.

1 hour ago, DV8DUG said:

Was there a question here for me to answer or did you mean the OP could be the person to ask about a question of mine?

Anyways... A Finch... I like the work except the fact that if you are an experienced archer you do not require an arm guard as nice as it looks and if you do wear one, be careful that those buttons don't interfere with the string or vica-versa. Maybe switch them around to the inside of the arm-guard because they are close enough to the outside edge i don't think function will be lost. I'm interested in your outside edges. Rolled over or did you glue a piece over the edge or is it just a sewing channel cut in like a border? Hard to see but I like the puffy look I'm getting from pictures.

Yes, ask this fella about leaving the natural color.

Edited by bikermutt07

On 4/24/2018 at 6:13 PM, DV8DUG said:

Are you an archer?

I know champion archers and they pretty much ALL wear armguards. And, no, the buttons would actually be very hard to hook. Believe me, I've tried. The guards must be bigger than you think and they wrap around the arm. The buttons are beyond the sides of the arm. These were made from a tried and true design.

I've been shooting quite a while and, even though I rarely hit my arm, I still wear a guard.

Edited by A Finch

19 hours ago, A Finch said:

I've been shooting quite a while and, even though I rarely hit my arm, I still wear a guard.

I shot for more than 10years, 7 days a week for a couple of those years, and I always wore an arm guard, even though I knew the mechanics of tilting my arm and drawing the bow correctly to not need a guard.

I have been an avid bowhunter for almost 35 years. I have found that if your getting slapped in the arm, your holding the bow wrong. Usual culprit is the bow is too stout for the shooter, and the shooter feels the need to heel the grip to control the bow. Another obvious culprit of being slapped in the forearm, you have too long a draw length. Pick a spot!

Nice matching set!

The "A" wouldn't stand for Atticus, would it?

5 hours ago, DV8DUG said:

I have been an avid bowhunter for almost 35 years. I have found that if your getting slapped in the arm, your holding the bow wrong. Usual culprit is the bow is too stout for the shooter, and the shooter feels the need to heel the grip to control the bow. Another obvious culprit of being slapped in the forearm, you have too long a draw length. Pick a spot!

Well, go Google champion archers and go to images. These are the best bow shooters in the world. You see something they almost all have in common? 99% of them are wearing armguards of some sort. As I said, it is extremely rare for me to get hit by a bow string. But, I shoot backwoods 3D courses and some shots are set up to be terribly awkward. It can make your stance just enough off.......

https://www.google.com/search?q=champion+archers&tbm=isch&ufsmps=1&gws_rd=cr#gws_rd=cr&imgrc=_