johnggrg

Wall mount tool rack ideas needed for edgers and wooden handled tools

Looking for ideas or a pattern to make a wall mount rack to hold all my wooden handled tools like edgers and stitching groovers and such. Has anyone made one before?  If so could you share some ideas or pictures of what you came up with? Currently all my wooden handled tools are in a box I have to rummage threw to find what I need. Thought of making a wall mount rack that I could put them in so it would be easier to find what I am looking for. Thanks in advance for any help with this. John

If you look through the "Show Your Work Area" thread you will see some excellent ideas. One I kind of like is using a rack with magnetic strips on it to hold these tools.That way you don't have to worry about the tools being different sizes, as you might if each tool had a separate slot in a rack.

Here's another idea: pieces of PVC pipe cut at an angle: 

And here's the magnetic strip tool holder!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

I just took a bit of 2 x 2 inch timber and drilled holes into one side through to the other. Different sizes for the different  tools, but the smallest hole will still take most of the other tools as well. It wasn't wall mounted as such but mounted on a board that got shifted about out of the way, but close to hand when needed. For mounting to the board I just put screws thru the board into the 2x2. I suppose a couple of small steel right-angle bracket could mount it to a wall.

I'm redoing my working place and I'll be using of those magnetic bar tool holders now I reckon