Aart

Mechanical brass buttons

Hi everybody,

I wonder if somebody knows where to buy these brass buttons.

They appear to come from Germany but after endless googling (and a none reply from 'Loxx') I wonder where to find them.

Best

Aart.

Bouton les 2.pdf

I can’t wait to find out.  Those look cool.

I googled a bit for you, maybe it‘s easier when you search from Germany. Found these, don‘t know if these are the same:

https://sattlershop.com/k21/Befestigungen-Kleinteile/Loxx-Made-in-Germany

This is a German saddlery shop selling these. These button manufacture designed these buttons to hold soft top of cabriolets. Today they are widely used for boats or cars. Pretty expensive for buttons if you ask me but they seem to have a secure function, which prevents them from opening easily.

If you need further translation or if this is not what you‘re looking for let me know.

I saw they only ship to Benelux states so maybe you can‘t order at this shop. But maybe the exact name helps you find them in France. If you don‘t find them and these are exactly what you are looking for I could buy them and send them to you if you need them that bad ☺️

That's the page where they list the distributors: https://www.loxx-products.com/live/dealer-distributors/distributors.aspx  (one of them is https://www.decocuir.com in France)

and the contact page: https://www.loxx-products.com/live/contact-person/contact-person.aspx   

First time I've seen those LOXX fasteners was on a Textile fair in Dortmund Germany a couple of years ago. 

Edited by gigi

Thank you Immiketoo, Charon and Gigi,

Yes I 'found' Loxx too. But they do not answer my questions. 

(Although I even tried to write them in German, but probably my German is not flawless ;-) 

((Oberteil mit grosser glatter kopf in voll messing und nicht verchromt))

My question to them was if they do their Buttons in Glossy Brass and with a 'flat' head (without the tiny raised dome in the middle)

I've seen the 'loxx' trademark on their buttons and on the ones I need there is just 'Germany' and no 'Loxx'.

So I wonder if the ones I saw are maybe from another factory ?

Many thanks anyway for your interest and help.

I'll try Loxx in English. Who knows

Best;

Keep on stitching.

Aart

I am also curious (those LOXX seem very useful for handbags) so I just called the contact person Erika (+49 2324 - 9049 - 130)  she is speaking English and is very helpful. She said they have requests for full brass LOXX: if enough people are interested in this they are willing to start producing them to be on the market in a few months. I understood they already made some full brass pieces, but are not yet included in the catalog. 

You can try calling her.

Edited by gigi

2 hours ago, Aart said:

Thank you Immiketoo, Charon and Gigi,

Yes I 'found' Loxx too. But they do not answer my questions. 

(Although I even tried to write them in German, but probably my German is not flawless ;-) 

((Oberteil mit grosser glatter kopf in voll messing und nicht verchromt))

My question to them was if they do their Buttons in Glossy Brass and with a 'flat' head (without the tiny raised dome in the middle)

I've seen the 'loxx' trademark on their buttons and on the ones I need there is just 'Germany' and no 'Loxx'.

So I wonder if the ones I saw are maybe from another factory ?

Many thanks anyway for your interest and help.

I'll try Loxx in English. Who knows

Best;

Keep on stitching.

Aart

The ones you linked are far better looking in my opinion.

They look like the studs that were used on sports cars hoods, so would expect them to be in car factors or hood makers under classic cars

Hi Chris,

Thank you..Yes you are probaly right, they are those ‘hood’ studs. used on cars and boats. I received an answer yesterday from Loxx. I’ hope they can send me a picture, as I’m not sure that theirs are exactly the finish I am looking for. We keep on plowing ;-;

have a good day all

Aart