saddleman15

Impressed

Evening, wow I just signed up and it's a little intimidating to see just how much I DON'T know!  Not sure if anyone else felt this way or not but I can tell this is the place to learn.  Hello from Colorado and thanks for making this site so interesting.

Welcome and come on in, the water is fine.  There are some true craftsfolk that hang out here and lots of enthusiasts like myself.  

Welcome aboard from Ft. Collins!

On 4/23/2018 at 9:00 PM, saddleman15 said:

Evening, wow I just signed up and it's a little intimidating to see just how much I DON'T know!  Not sure if anyone else felt this way or not but I can tell this is the place to learn.  Hello from Colorado and thanks for making this site so interesting.

I wholeheartedly agree! There is an overwhelming amount of info on this site. I have found for myself that it helps to read a little each day and come back when I need to research something specific. Best thing to do is just jump on in and start posting questions that you may have and even pictures of your projects. I think you will like it here. The people on this site are incredible at sharing knowledge and giving encouragement!

Greetings from spain :thumbsup:

Don't worry.  We ALL started that way, and you will be amazed at how much you learn in a short time if you pay attention.

Welcome Saddleman!  This is a wonderful forum and there are so many talented people here that are willing to step up to help us novices.  It’s a great place to share and learn.  Look forward to seeing your projects.

Gary

Hi Saddleman, and you're not the only one!  I just started fiddling around with leather in ?November? 2017, and I've not only realized how much I *don't* know, but I've also recently learned that I'm lousy at stamping/tooling!  (Apparently it takes hours and hours of practice...)

Good to meet another person starting out with leather!

Jennifer

10 hours ago, JMixx said:

Hi Saddleman, and you're not the only one!  I just started fiddling around with leather in ?November? 2017, and I've not only realized how much I *don't* know, but I've also recently learned that I'm lousy at stamping/tooling!  (Apparently it takes hours and hours of practice...)

Good to meet another person starting out with leather!

Jennifer

Or years of practice.  I thought I was getting the hang of it until I watched Barry King do it. :(

Welcome aboard. Most of us here are hobbyists and novices. There are some real experts here though as well.

Everyone is really respectful and nice. They are also willing to share their knowledge. I suggest just read, read, read.

You will find all kinds to tips and techniques just randomly posted on page 3 in an obscure thread. Dig around there be gold everywhere.

Thanks everyone!  This makes me feel better HAHHA

I can carve :wavey: 

But I know SQUAT about building a saddle.  Correction:  HALF of SQUAT.  :notworthy:

Edited by JLSleather