Here's a couple of recent things that I've made. A custom seat that I did for a customer's Triumph Bobber project and a tooled knife sheath.

Screen shot 2018-04-25 at 11.32.24 AM.png

Screen shot 2018-04-25 at 11.32.39 AM.png

Those came out sharp!  Always hoping I get to do a seat some day...I think...they seem challenging, yet rewarding.

YinTx

Like the sheath, really like the seat, love the bike.

That seat is sick.  Love it.

Love the seat! 

Ive been asked to cover a custom made seat that another leather worker messed up, I haven’t seen it yet and I will have to do some research before doing it. I would love to know more of the process in mounding the leather like you did?

Thanks for the kind words! This was actually one of the faster projects that I've done, it probably took an hour of actual work time. Wet molding is pretty straight forward. I cut the leather, leaving extra for overlap and in this case, riveting. This seat was done with a piece of Horween Dublin which is Veg tan, I soaked it and pulled it over the seat foam, using clamps to hold it overnight on the pan. Once dry, I removed the leather, sprayed adhesive on the foam and flesh side of the leather. Let that dry and then riveted the underside (I pre-drilled the seat pan). A quick trim and your done.

Some folks wrap the foam with plastic to help keep moisture out but since this seat had closed cell foam I didn't need to. I finished it with a waterproofer and since this customer babies his bike so it won't see much rain exposure. Hope my description is helpful.

Edited by David Bruce