I like it when a customer gives you a thread but not so much an ending. I didnt know this but there is a Tennessee orange? I dont know if it associated with  a school or the state seal but its a thing and I have one guy who is very into it being from Tenn.

So he sent me this

tenn%20star.jpg

And it is some important Tennessee symbol at least to him and told me he had a new gun and could I do something with this. He is a repeat and I love my repeats .. says they were happy with my work!! and I do get a great source of pride when you come back so I said ... sure.

So I made him this .. its simple but I think he will like it. Its orange lizard on a simple black. The orange is a lot juicier and nicely textured but my camera refused to give it to me.

20180426094928-6885a5e9-me.jpg

20180426094940-8bd55725-me.jpg

I think they like their UT Volunteers up that way. That looks sharp!

You can always reclaim your colors in post processing.  I use lightroom for editing.

Beautiful work!

Colors on a computer is a challenge. Different monitors, with input from different computers and programs, will look very different. No real way to get around that. Nice holster, too!

I just realized the stars are from the Titans’ logo.  Those Tennessee folks love their football.  I still can’t get over how sharp that looks. 

34 minutes ago, Bayou Bengal said:

I just realized the stars are from the Titans’ logo.  Those Tennessee folks love their football.  I still can’t get over how sharp that looks. 

Ah so thats it!!!

Football.  I couldn't figure out what the significance was but he expressed how important the orientation of the stars was.

57 minutes ago, Bayou Bengal said:

It is actually from the state flag itself. Here is a little background info from Wikipedia.

The three stars represent the three Grand Divisions of the state, East Tennessee, Middle Tennessee, and West Tennessee. The blue circle around the stars represents the unity of the "Grand Divisions" of the state.

7 hours ago, TonySFLDLTHR said:

It is actually from the state flag itself. Here is a little background info from Wikipedia.

The three stars represent the three Grand Divisions of the state, East Tennessee, Middle Tennessee, and West Tennessee. The blue circle around the stars represents the unity of the "Grand Divisions" of the state.

So that’s why it’s used on the Titans’ helmet logo and uniforms.  Makes sense. 

So it turns out he loves it!!! Sent me this pic

20180501081459-1ef539de.jpg