Hi guys -- Looking for any constructive criticism on a new item I've been trying to sell on etsy and FB.

https://www.etsy.com/Mudbrook/listing/592576762/leather-a5-notebook-cover-ipad-mini?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1524852265426

I'm open to ideas on putting a cleaner fray free edge on the fabric. I folded the edges on a test piece, didn't look good.

IMG_4776_MedSize.jpg

Overall, it looks pretty good to me, but I am wondering about the distance of the stitch-line from the edge and the size of the thread looks quite heavy.

What weight leather and thread have you used?

1 hour ago, Rockoboy said:

Overall, it looks pretty good to me, but I am wondering about the distance of the stitch-line from the edge and the size of the thread looks quite heavy.

What weight leather and thread have you used?

Actually, I need to update pictures because the stitch line is now a .150 from the edge. I did not change the thread size.. now that you mention it, I may try a test on a scrap piece.

4-5oz

.35 poly thread

Much better!  As far as the cloth, did you use the seam tape that you iron in-between the fold?  That seems to make my stuff look better although that isn't the issue you're asking about.  Personally, I would never run the fabric all the way to the edge.  Just begging for it to get torn up.  So either hold it back a margin or cover it with a narrow strip of leather.  Maybe on another style you could do a leather overlay on the spine and wrap it over the edge a bit?  Lots of ways I'm sure to keep the lining looking sharp.  Nice work!

Its a little difficult to see exactly because the 2nd pic is smaller and different angle, but from what I can see it looks so much better. I like the cloth interior. Its a nice touch against the rugged look of the leather.

That's some really nice work here, I love it! Won't provide any criticism, only admiration :P