41mag

Mildew off of buckskin?

Dads pliable, soft as babies butt, buckskin mountain man suit has light mildew on it.

How do I remove it?

Would like to wear it soon.

email me a picture, I believe I can help you 

9 hours ago, Norton Custom Leather said:

email me a picture, I believe I can help you 

I have lots of leather hides that have mildew on them. I bought them from a old closed shoe factory.

The shiny finished hide are easy enough to get the mildew off but the suede or nubuck are very difficult. If you have a recipe for removing mildew I’d love to hear it too?

We have that problem here in Rhodes in the winter.  I spray bleach on my items.  Doesn't affect colors or finishes and works better than anything else.  However, I don't know about your leather so test in an inconspicuous area or on scrap to be sure.

4 hours ago, immiketoo said:

We have that problem here in Rhodes in the winter.  I spray bleach on my items.  Doesn't affect colors or finishes and works better than anything else.  However, I don't know about your leather so test in an inconspicuous area or on scrap to be sure.

Thanks. I will try it but it does sound like a harsh way to remove staining... straight or diluted?

42 minutes ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

Thanks. I will try it but it does sound like a harsh way to remove staining... straight or diluted?

We buy a mold spray here that I use.  Its pretty strong, no idea of the percentage.  I do wipe it down afterwards with fresh water.